Research Analyst (Foresight Modelling)
“WorldFish is a leading international research organization working to transform aquatic food systems to reduce hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. It collaborates with international, regional, and national partners to co-develop and deliver scientific innovations, evidence for policy, and knowledge to enable equitable and inclusive impact for millions who depend on fish for their livelihoods. As a member of CGIAR, WorldFish contributes to building a food- and nutrition-secure future and restoring natural resources. Headquartered in Penang, Malaysia, with country offices across Africa, Asia, and the Pacific, WorldFish strives to create resilient and inclusive food systems for shared prosperity. For more information, visit: www.worldfishcenter.org”
About the Position
WorldFish is seeking a dynamic research analyst to provide technical support to the foresight modelling team. Quantitative foresight modelling and supply-demand analysis are crucial for understanding inter-linked challenges and interactions of fish production, consumption and trade to provide recommendations for fisheries and aquaculture development planning and policy making. This research area is supported by the One CGIAR initiative and other bilateral projects.
- Support semi-independently and independently the foresight modelling team in econometric analysis and modeling.
- Be responsible for collecting, validating, and analyzing data with high accuracy.
- Conduct literature review and document literature for modeling and analysis purposes.
- Coordinate with team members, collaborators and partners in both science and project management aspects.
- Conduct primary data collection using online data collection tools (ODK) for statistical research.
- Plan and conduct stakeholder consultation workshops, capacity building training courses, and other activities related to research, development and technology transfer (both science and management aspects).
- Assist in drafting presentations for workshops, conferences, and meetings.
- Collect and analyze data and contribute to writing reports and drafting papers for scientific publication.