Digital Applications Manager
“WorldFish is a leading international research organization working to transform aquatic food systems to reduce hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. It collaborates with international, regional, and national partners to co-develop and deliver scientific innovations, evidence for policy, and knowledge to enable equitable and inclusive impact for millions who depend on fish for their livelihoods. As a member of CGIAR, WorldFish contributes to building a food- and nutrition-secure future and restoring natural resources. Headquartered in Penang, Malaysia, with country offices across Africa, Asia, and the Pacific, WorldFish strives to create resilient and inclusive food systems for shared prosperity. For more information, visit: www.worldfishcenter.org”
About the Position
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Digital Applications Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of software applications and platform that support our digital agriculture initiatives. This includes the identification, acquisition, implementation, and maintenance of software applications that meet the needs of our customers and partners. The Digital Application Manager will work closely with cross-functional teams, including software developers, designers, business units, data scientists, research teams, and key stakeholders, to ensure that software applications are delivered on time and meet quality standards.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and execute product strategies and roadmaps for digital tools, applications, and platforms that support our digital agriculture initiatives.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify needs and market trends in the development and aquatic foods sectors.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define product requirements and specifications.
- Manage the product development lifecycle, from ideation to launch.
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure product success.
- Design and conduct user testing and gather feedback to inform product improvements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including stakeholders, donors, and partners.
- Develop and implement security measures to protect software applications.
- Implement software applications and ensure that they are configured and integrated properly.
- Monitor the performance of software applications, identify, and resolve issues.
- Manage the development of apps according to open access policies, standard and best practices, and IP in application development.
- Report on the status of software applications to management.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and digital trends.
This job might be for you if you have the below skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 5+ years of experience in software product management, preferably in the agriculture industry.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies, including Agile and Scrum.
- Experience with digital agriculture tools, apps, and platforms.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analysis and visualization tools is a plus.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position and WorldFish offers a competitive remuneration package including comprehensive benefits (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, employer provident fund contribution, paid leave and others. The duration of the contract will initially be for a three-year period with possibility for extension, depending on funding and performance.
How to Apply
Your application must include:
- A copy of your curriculum vitae,
- A cover letter which addresses key requirements stated above; and
- Contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted if you are short-listed for the position.
To be considered, applications must be submitted by no later than 24:00 (MYT), 15 December 2023.
Location: The post holder will be based in Penang, Malaysia.
The screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has seven offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. We aim to also seek balance across other diversity dimensions.
People in WorldFish are treated equally irrespective of gender, ethnicity/race, national or social origin, disability, religion, political affiliation, age, family size, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage qualified women and men from developing nations to apply.