WorldFish is an international, non-profit research and innovation organization reducing hunger, malnutrition and poverty across Africa, Asia and the Pacific. For over 45 years, our work on sustainable aquaculture and fisheries has improved the lives of millions of women, men and youth.
Fish and other aquatic foods grown in and harvested from oceans, lakes, rivers and ponds provide income for more than 800 million people and provide 3.3 billion with 20% of their animal protein intake. Our focus on sustainability makes sure that the way we produce and use these foods today means a plentiful future of generations to come.
Our evidence-based solutions range in scale from households to global policies and spans across six interlinked themes: nutrition, gender, climate, sustainability, economy and COVID-19.
We champion aquatic foods for healthy people and planet and believe that a sustainable blue planet of well-nourished children, women and men is within our reach.
ABOUT THE POSITION
WorldFish seeks to recruit a Procurement Specialist, who provide Procurement to Egypt Country office, and ensure organization assets are properly safeguarded by ensuring an effective system of internal controls and donor compliance. The position will support the procurement focus on:
- Responsible for Egypt country office procurement activities with the purchasing of goods and services in accordance with WorldFish policies, donor regulations and the enforcement of procurement control via implementation of all relevant procurement processes and methods.
- Provide guidance and support on procurement activities to colleagues in Country Office (CO) especially in system related tasks, and to take lead and assist colleagues in trouble shooting procurement issues.
- Manage the entire procurement process which includes but not limited to the followings; preparing RFQs, obtain quotations, make evaluations, recommend suppliers, liaising with procurement committee, issuing purchase orders, initiate GR/GR, delivery follow-up, and inventory management and prepare contracts.
- Establish and manage relationships with suppliers including registration, due diligence checks, soliciting and negotiating quotes, maintaining continuous communication with suppliers.
- Track saving costs through better negotiations with suppliers and finding alternative suppliers.
- Maintain filing records for audit trail purposes in "One Drive" as per the HQ Procurement record management guidelines.
- Lead in procurement operation process improvements, systems development and implementation.
- Manage subordinate(s) for continuous job and career development.
- Perform other duties as may be required by Management
This full time job is for Egyptian nationals with the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Finance, Procurement or relevant field
- 5 years’ experience as procurement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Working knowledge of procurement systems/software and Microsoft Office suite.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment, with strong personal values aligned with WorldFish's mission and values
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) WorldFish offers a competitive salary and remuneration package includes health insurance, pension, leave and other benefits.
The full time staff will be based in Abbassa, Sharkia, Egypt. The successful candidate should be available to commence the Procurement Specialist as soon as possible. This full time job is open to Egyptians nationals only.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 30 September 2023:
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate for this role referring to the key responsibilities and what you would bring to the role;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report. None of referees will be contacted without your permission.
Screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has seven offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. We aim to also seek balance across other diversity dimensions.
People in WorldFish are treated equally irrespective of gender, ethnicity/race, national or social origin, disability, religion, political affiliation, age, family size, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage qualified women and men from developing nations to apply.