The Minderoo Foundation
Minderoo Foundation is a modern philanthropic organisation. We take on tough, persistent issues with the potential to drive massive change. We incubate ideas and accelerate impact. We push the limits of what is believed possible.
Minderoo Foundation is independent, forward thinking and seeks effective, scalable solutions. We are proudly Australian, and one of Asia’s largest philanthropies.
Minderoo's Strategy and Operations Enabler area works closely with the CEO to set the organisation wide strategy and to ensure the Foundation is set up to deliver on this strategy.
They support the effective operation of the Foundation’s three Focus Areas and Impact Missions to ensure they meet their strategy & planning, financial, operational, legal, risk and compliance obligations. They also work closely with enabler and Corporate Services functions to provide management and board reporting, ensure appropriate policies and procedure are in place and to deliver major projects, including transformational IT projects.
About the Opportunity
We currently have an opportunity for a Strategy Analyst to join our Strategy and Operations team, contributing to the organisational strategic direction and effectiveness by supporting the five Heads of Strategy to undertake analysis and coordinate strategy development and delivery processes.
The Strategy Analyst role will sit within the central strategy team but will be deployed to specific Focus Areas or Impact Missions to support peaks in demand. Reporting to the Head of Strategy, PMO and Planning, your day to day will include:
- Analysis, to supporting strategy development for specific Focus Areas in alignment with the organisational strategy.
- Coordination of strategy development processes (for example workshop preparation / facilitation and stakeholder engagement).
- Support to Heads of Strategy in three-year planning and annual budget processes.
- Supporting operationalisation and delivery of strategy.
- Assisting the Heads and Impact Teams in setting performance measures, performance tracking and learning.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker who is analytical and resilient, with excellent interpersonal and intrapersonal skills. You will thrive in an agile working environment and demonstrate previous experience in strategy development for a complex and fast paced organisation.
In terms of qualifications you will hold a graduate degree, ideally in commerce. In addition, you will be:
- Proven and successful experience in a strategy role within a professional service, or corporate strategy team, ideally within a matrix environment.
- Knowledge of strategy frameworks and the ability to distil significant amounts of information into actionable commercial insight.
- Experience of a broad range strategic projects would be highly regarded.
- A strong communicator, both verbally and in writing; well versed in communicating with a range of stakeholders.
- Passionate about collaborating and collective problem solving to achieve common goals.
- Strategic minded whilst demonstrating agility to adapt plans as needed to respond to new information or needs.
- Passionate about social and environmental impact.
Please attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this opportunity and highlighting your relevant experience.
Applications close: Sunday 18th February 2024
Please note we reserve the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be identified.
Minderoo Foundation uses a hybrid work model. Minderoo Foundation embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, and those with Disability to apply.