The Minderoo Foundation
Focusing on our retail investments, as Financial Controller you will be responsible for the financial governance and strategy across financial accounting, reporting, tax, accounts payable / receivable and payroll. You must ensure the operational finance activities are being performed effectively and efficiently.
- Managing the day-to-day finance and accounting operations including accounts payable & receivable, inventory management, general ledger reconciliations, payroll processing,cash flow management, forecasting, insurances and tax (indirect/direct).
- Development and implementation of financial governance and strategy including risk minimization plans.
- Identify, improve, and implement systems, policies, and processes to ensure robust financial monitoring and controls.
- Review of accounting policies and technical position papers with respect to accounting standards.
- Provision of relevant, timely and accurate financial information including cashflow management reports, job costings, financial dashboards and full management reports to track & forecast performance, and guide decision making.
- Board reporting including supporting analysis and commentary
- Annual budget preparation and reforecasts as required
- Preparing company tax and BAS statements in conjunction with external accountants.
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory law and financial regulations
- Management of external auditors as required
- CA/CPA qualified
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong accounting technical skills including sound knowledge of accounting principles, standards and procedures
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well-developed leadership and mentoring qualities.
- Self-starter attitude, delivery-oriented and invested in the long-term success
- Proactively inspire and lead the finance function, provide energy, inspiration and direction, implementing change management techniques and process improvement where necessary.