The Minderoo Foundation
Minderoo Foundation takes on tough, persistent issues with the potential to drive massive change. We incubate ideas, advocate for systems change and accelerate impact. We push the limits of what is believed possible.
Minderoo Foundation is proudly Australian, independent, forward thinking and seeks effective, scalable solutions. Through bold, collaborative, and selfless action, we seek to dismantle the systems that entrench inequality and advocate for a fairer future.
Minderoo’s Oceans Focus Area aims to return the ocean to a healthy state, free from pollution and safeguarded for future generations. Our work will focus primarily in the Indo-Pacific region but we may also look at neighbouring regions (e.g. Eastern Pacific Ocean and Southern Ocean).
Alongside our peers and partners, we will advocate to scale promising practices and enact systems and policy change with a focus on:
- Sustainable ocean economies
- Protecting and restoring ocean ecosystems
- Stopping plastic pollution
About the Role
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Coordinator with a flexible and proactive approach to work, to join our expanding Oceans Focus Area. Working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, you will be an expert at juggling diaries, priorities, and project coordination.
Your days will be fast paced and varied and will involve:
- Managing complex calendars including meetings with participants in multiple time zones, both internal and external to the foundation for team leads.
- Facilitating meetings and conference calls with a diverse range of stakeholders across multiple geographic and time zones.
- Assisting with logistics, scheduling, and planning of events including coordinating arrangements for participants, handling coordination, and disseminating materials for events as needed.
- Providing operational support, including, but not limited to, maintaining an organised virtual filing system, processing of all financial expenses, and manage administration of external stakeholders and partners.
- Records and data management including, but not limited to, management of Microsoft Teams pages, SharePoint site, maintaining an organised filing system, tracking, and prioritising tasks and projects.
- Following up on correspondence from team members and ensure items are closed out.
- Coordinating complex travel arrangements as well as visa support for staff and guests that travel internationally and domestically (flights, hotels, visas, etc.)
We live our values at Minderoo Foundation on a daily basis, they inform our work, our interactions and our decision making, so we’re looking for someone with:
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including – Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Teams.
- Intermediate administrative experience within an agile, complex environment where you have become comfortable at resolving operational and administrative issues.
- Experience improving efficiencies, setting priorities and meeting deadlines while balancing the needs of providing support for multiple individuals, including calendar management, travel arrangements; and event planning assistance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts and can adjust to a wide variety of working styles.
- Attention to detail, calm under pressure and organised with the ability to adapt and be flexible and thrive on uncertainty.
- A Pro-active mindset and takes initiative.
Please attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this opportunity.
Applications close: Friday 15th September.
Please note we reserve the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be identified.
Tattarang and Minderoo Foundation are an “All Roles Flex” employer. Tattarang and Minderoo Foundation embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, and those with Disability to apply.