Planetary Technologies’ vision is to protect and restore the ocean and climate for generations to come. We do this by enhancing the ocean’s natural ability to fight climate change through carbon dioxide removal and storage. Our team combines expertise in ocean science, metallurgy and geochemistry to safely and effectively scale up ocean-based CO2 management solutions. Working collaboratively with all of our stakeholders, we develop a cost effective and sustainable set of tools aimed at protecting and restoring our oceans and climate, ultimately doing carbon dioxide removal and storage at gigatonne scale.
We are leaders, scientists, and engineers working together to collectively embody our values: respect, curiosity & creativity, accept responsibility, and win for all.
We are now seeking a Project Manager to represent Planetary on the west coast of Canada. This means building and growing momentum around our work in B.C. – which encompass the modelling of ocean alkalinity enhancement (OAE), monitoring and testing of ocean chemistry, integration with wastewater facilities, and the development of monitoring, reporting and verification systems for OAE.
Please note, this position is set to begin in the Fall of 2023
- Coordinating efforts and work between the Planetary team and external contractors on the west coast
- Managing the various Planetary project activities in B.C., including operational monitoring and performance reporting of pilot projects
- Developing funding applications for North American projects
- Compiling progress reports to funding bodies
- Managing contractors and partners in B.C., including recruitment, project management, and invoice and expense management and approvals
- Coordinating ocean research work with other Planetary partners around the world
- Supporting the strategic development of North American projects
- Sourcing materials and equipment for the successful execution of projects
- You have an optimistic, action-oriented approach
- You have demonstrated success in achieving project outcomes in low structure environments
- You are passionate about carbon dioxide removal and ocean health
- You are located in B.C. and are able to work in the Greater Vancouver area
- You have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- You have a strong understanding of chemistry, including the ocean carbonate system
- You hold a degree at Bachelor, Masters or PhD level in science or engineering, ideally in an ocean related discipline
Planetary is committed to supporting and valuing the diversity of our team as well as the diversity of the clients and communities we serve. Valuing diversity means recognizing and respecting human differences and similarities - creating the context where each person can develop and bring their best self to their work and life. We are committed to employment equity and will endeavour, where feasible, to eliminate systemic barriers to advancement and/or redress the under-utilization of underrepresented groups. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all cultural and educational backgrounds as well as all genders and sexualities to apply.