Do you excel in managing Excel spreadsheets and enjoy delving into financial engineering and data architecture?
Are you passionate about supporting the growth of impact-driven for-profit ventures?
Do you aspire to contribute to building the Blue Economy ecosystem in Africa?
If you're business-driven and a strategic thinker, we'd love to have you on board! 🌊🌍🐳
OceanHub Africa is seeking a Finance Lead to provide strategic financial guidance in pursuit of our mission to support innovative entrepreneurs across Africa, fostering thriving oceans and communities.
Accounting and Financial Management (30 %)
- Manage the accounting processes for the incubator and affiliates, including budgeting, financial reporting, cash flow management and strategic financial planning.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial records are maintained and in compliance with relevant accounting standards (with the support of the organization’s accountant).
- Prepare financial statements, forecasts, and budgets to provide insights and support decision-making (with the support of the organization’s accountant).
- Collaborate with the team to prepare reports and presentations for the board.
Fundraising Support and Grant Program (40 %)
- Provide financial expertise and guidance to incubated startups in their fundraising efforts.
- Assist startups in developing financial models, projections, and investment materials.
- Conduct due diligence on financial aspects of investment opportunities, search for and support negotiations with potential investors and grantmakers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with ocean-impact or other relevant investors to make warm introductions to startups.
- Support fundraising efforts for OHA, including developing fundraising strategies and materials. Managing OHA’s grant program, from disbursing to reporting.
- Supporting the OHA management team in establishing the first ocean-impact fund in Africa.
Donor Funding Management (20 %)
- Manage, with the support of the team, the reporting of grant funding received by the incubator, ensuring compliance with requirements.
- Monitor donor funding budgets and ensure funds are allocated appropriately.
Other activities (10%)
- Assist the team in creating new partnerships and adjusting current partnerships to align with future acceleration programs and other activities.
- Contribute to proposal writing, delivery of strategy consulting projects (especially on finance-related topics), and supervise OHA's consulting client portfolio from a financial aspect.
- Support the promotion of Blue Finance in Africa through thought leadership initiatives, public speaking opportunities, communication points, and collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field (Master's degree preferred)
- Proven experience in financial management, accounting, or finance-related roles.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial analysis, and reporting.
- Experience in supporting fundraising efforts and working with investors or funders.
- Familiarity with grantmaking processes and grant investment evaluation is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience working with (or openness to learning) our team’s software stack: Slack, Google Suite, Notion, Zoom, etc
- Passion for ocean sustainability and impact investing (preferred)
Access full job description here 👉 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X3WDo7cU1aKhmiJi1j_X_t9Cek1vhmGZ/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=114719882032125871644&rtpof=true&sd=true