Commercial Officer, France
Marine Stewardship Council
Are you passionate about our oceans and keen to work with business partners supporting fishers who met our globally recognised standard for sustainability?
We are looking for a Commercial Officer to join our French team who will support our partners (leading brands, retailers, foodservice businesses) bringing sustainable seafood to French consumers.
France is one of the most well-established and dynamic MSC markets. Consequently, our Commercial Officer will have a core support role delivering MSC eco-labelled products and sustainable solutions as part of the MSC certification program.
With growing consumer awareness of the challenges that our oceans are facing, there is ample opportunity to increase the delivery of MSC certified sustainable seafood products. Join us and play your part in shaping the future direction of sustainability within the seafood industry!
We are a dynamic team and have set ambitious targets for increasing the availability of certified sustainable seafood and the number of French fisheries that are to meet our standard.
You will have a key supporting role contributing towards the success of the Commercial team and its activities in the French market.
You will be participating in multiple projects, building trustworthy relationships with our partners and liaising closely with the French Communications and Fisheries teams, as well as other MSC teams across our global network.
We’re looking for someone:
- with a post-graduate degree and/or equivalent work experience with supply chain, the food or seafood business, fisheries or international business
- with excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and French
- capable of building long-term relationships with commercial partners and delivering positive commercial outcomes with a high level of detail
- with a passion for sustainability and an interest in the health of the world’s oceans
- an analytical and business mindset, to apply the MSC’s standards and licensing rules effectively
- who is resourceful and not afraid to ask questions to meet the partners’ expectation.
If this has inspired you, please apply here!
Application closing date : 29 February 2024, 23:59 GMT
We look forward to hearing from you!
We’re an international organisation and our employees all demonstrate a level of cultural awareness, and value the diverse views and approaches relevant to the MSC program.
The MSC is committed to flexible working. We are currently running a trial for hybrid working, and the successful candidate will need to work from the French office for a minimum of 50% of their working time each month. During the onboarding process, hybrid working may require more office work than remote work.