Marine Stewardship Council
Working within the commercial arm of our organisation, the Licensing function plays a pivotal role managing the use of the MSC ecolabel, which enables MSC’s partners to promote their commitment to certified sustainable seafood. Critically, it also ensures MSC can continue its work and commitment to improving the future health of the oceans.
We are looking for a passionate individual who can lead and inspire a team of licensing officers in the delivery of excellent customer service and play a key role in improving our customer interactions.
The successful candidate will ensure customer queries are resolved to a high standard and have hands-on oversight of the team’s workload, with key activities revolving around issuing new licences, approving the use of the MSC ecolabel and collection of financial data from certified partners to enable accurate calculation of royalty fees and timely issue of invoices.
In undertaking the role, you will always be looking at ways we might improve our customer support processes, working closely with our partner-facing outreach teams across the globe. You will also have opportunities to suggest and lead licensing process improvement initiatives, identifying critical paths and removing blockages.
You will have:
- excellent team leadership skills, ideally gained from leading a diverse, customer focused team and you are able to influence, inspire confidence and build consensus
- proven customer service experience, with an ability to communicate complexity clearly and simply to both internal customers and external global customers
- a track record of resolving complex problems and taking a proactive approach to analysing issues and generating solutions
- the ability to analyse data; be proficient in utilising data to measure targets and service levels and help drive decision making
- experience of managing operational projects from inception to implementation, which are designed to streamline processes and procedures
- well-developed IT skills, be competent in using Microsoft Office products and a good knowledge of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) applications such as Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce
- a good understanding of licensing intellectual property; trademarks experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
If this has inspired you, please visit the MSC’s dedicated microsite to find out more information and to apply for the role. We look forward to hearing from you!