Manager, Ocean Markets
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Manager, Ocean Markets.
The Manager-Oceans Markets leads the development and execution of new engagement with sectors impacting nature positive seascapes and ocean productivity and resilience, including but not limited to coastal development, marine renewables, shipping, and plastics. The Manager will build multiple programs targeted at creating market-based engagement with industry to mitigate impacts of these sectors on our oceans and seeking to strive for nature positive business. In addition, this position will manage 2-3 oceans corporate partnerships while implementing strategies for cross-partnership impact and outreach. This position will be responsible for managing current partnerships, as well as heavily focused on building new ones. The Manager-Oceans Markets will be responsible for planning, managing, communicating, implementing, monitoring and improving program priorities and activities as associated with the noted major areas of focus. As a Senior level contributor in Oceans Markets the Manager presents and represents WWF in different Oceans Markets forums and meetings with partners, corporate representatives, country directors and donors (WWF, Network, national and global stakeholders). The Manager of Oceans Markets will be required to liaise internally and externally across the WWF network to find alignment and opportunity in our new sector engagement.
- Responsible for developing and leading new sector based engagement working closely with the Area Based Conversation team, especially science and nature based solutions teams, to understand and build nature positive business models that contribute to nature positive seascapes. Through this process, strategically engages with local network offices, industry, local NGOs, and foundation partners to devise and implement in programs.
- Responsible for growing new partnerships to support new sector based engagement as aligned to WWF US Oceans Markets strategy and increasing private sector funding to WWF US Oceans initiatives.
- Works to build and manage two to three corporate partnerships at a global scale including: partnership design, implementation, staff engagement, monitoring and evaluation related initiatives and activities, as well as development and execution of annual workplans.
- Develops strategic work-plan for multi-partnership leverage and engagement.
- Develops workplans for supporting Oceans Markets outcome goals.
- Works with WWF US Oceans Communications team to lead communication materials development as relevant to WWF US Oceans Markets new narrative and corporate engagement materials.
- Aligns sector based commitment asks to the SBTN Oceans Hub Sector asks and the UNEP FI Ocean Guidance as managed by the WWF US Oceans Markets Finance team.
- Supports WWF US’ co-lead in the SBTN Oceans Hub as needed.
- Grows and manages staff needed to build WWF US Oceans Markets engagement.
- Researches and develops fundraising proposals for both private sector partnerships and foundations for specific international market projects and business case initiatives.
- Prepares and finalizes scopes of work, budgets, and administrative information for contracts and to ensure compliance with donor requirements. Engages with donors on relevant proposals.
- Reviews the performance outcomes and status of all activities and evaluates and reports these results, as well as recommendations for corrective action.
- Travels to project sites to monitor and evaluate project progress and reports back, verbally and in writing.
- Supervises consultants in their work toward project and program goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes new technical information, policy development issues, and trends related to the program and advises others accordingly. Keeps abreast of issues in areas in which WWF has an ongoing interest.
- Responsible for acquiring and gathering data relevant to specific conservation projects from conservation peers, governmental agencies, and universities.
- Ensures alignment across WWF US Oceans, Markets, Private Sector Engagement, and Finance teams as relevant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in conservation and industry engagement. Advanced degree preferable but not required.
- Record of direct team management and complex project management.
- Must have strong interpersonal relationship skills required to delegate tasks in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to build strategic and implement strategic workplans.
- Strong presentation and influence skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising, budgeting, and monitoring donor compliance
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to operate with independence, under pressure, to meet deadlines and commitments
- Ability to work on initiatives with multiple and competing priorities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide range of individuals, possibly across cultures and time zones.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular. Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable. Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement. Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #22144
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.