WWF Project Manager for Mediterranean Boat
Posted on Friday, April 8, 2022
Posted on 14 November 2018
WWF France is seeking a Project Manager for its WWF Mediterranean Boat Project.WWF France is seeking a Project Manager for its WWF Mediterranean Boat Project.
WWF France in coordination with the WWF Mediterranean Marine Initiative (MMI) is about to acquire an ambassador boat for the Mediterranean. This boat will sail about 8 months a year in the Mediterranean basin with several objectives: strengthen WWF’s public communication, campaigning and mobilization on ocean-related issues, rally for conservation causes, as well as carry out WWF’s scientific projects in the Mediterranean. The planned launch of the boat is April 2019. The project team includes: WWF France and MMI Directors, Communications, Mobilization, Conservation, Fundraising, Corporate Engagements teams.
The WWF Boat Project Manager will ensure the overall coordination of the project.
- The Project Manager will develop the overall program of the boat within the framework of the WWF vision. In collaboration with the project team he/she will set up a compelling and complete plan of activities, complete with associated financial and human resources to ensure the successful launch of the boat project during the first year.
- He/she will mobilize and coordinate the internal expertise around the project (communication, mobilization, conservation, fundraising, finance) and will manage the WWF project team in order to ensure the effective development of planned activities towards all identified audiences (public, donors, businesses, etc.);
- In collaboration with the project team, he/she will present and promote WWF boat project to key sponsors, philanthropists, companies, general public, etc.;
- He/she will ensureproper coordination and information sharing among the MMI offices and teams involved in the boat activities as well as the project governance by reporting on the project progress and proposing the necessary decisions to be taken for its sound functioning;
- He/she contributes to the fundraising efforts and specifically to the preparation of the different fundraising applications and events;
- He/she will oversee the technical aspects relating to the boat, particularly the acquisition and the potential refit. He/she will elaborate the required specification document, participatein the selection service providers, and will ensure the supervision of the refit according to defined timeline and budget;
- He/she will coordinate with the team managing the boat (skipper and second officer) in order to ensure the effective and proper use of the boat (presence of team onboard, itinerary, technical follow-up and any needed special equipment);
- He/she will ensure the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the impacts of the boat project and ensures its continuous improvement.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- University degree in a discipline linked with the position (management, marketing, fundraising, communication);
- At least 5 years of professional experience in project management with experience in coordinating multidisciplinary and international teams as well as budget monitoring;
- Creativity and familiarity with new communications technologies (social media, multimedia);
- Sensitivity to marine ecology and the environmental concerns of the Mediterranean;
- Strategic thinker, communicator and motivator;
- Strong negotiating and lobbying skills;
- Experience in raising and mobilizing funding;
- Proven experience of working with different cultures;
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization;
- Navigation experience (that of sailing would be highly desirable);
- Capacity of leadership and networking and good interpersonal skills;
- On-site maritime experience in the Mediterranean region is a plus as well as knowledge of the WWF network;
- French required. Excellent spoken and written English. Knowledge of another Mediterranean language is preferable.
- Flexibility to travel within the region, for extended periods, especially during the summer.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
Please send your CV, motivation letter and salary request to specifying Med Boat Project Manager in the email subject.
Work permit restrictions may apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WWF France, Pré-St Gervais (Paris, France)
Based on profile.
About WWF France
WWF France is an international foundation with its headquarters in Pré-st-Gervais, 110 employees, 3,000 volunteers, 220,000 donors, a budget of 30M€, partnerships in 100 countries, with European and international recognition. Working with WWF means being in our luminous and sustainable building, furnished to encourage exchange as well as individual concentration. Our company project encourages several initiatives such as a terraced vegetable garden, bicycle allowance, furnished lunch room, hosting space for partner associations.