Lecturer CC, (Oceanography)
- Title: Lecturer, CC (Oceanography)
- Hiring Unit: Natural Sciences
- Location: Windward Community College
- Date Posted: February 14, 2022
- Closing Date: Continuous
- Salary: Minimum $1600/per credit hour
Other Conditions: Summer 2022, part-time, for lecturer applicant pool. Non-tenurial, pending availability of funds, and actual staffing requirements. This includes Early College.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned courses in the discipline.
- Maintain minimum of one office hour per week for each course taught.
- Prepare course syllabus and reports related to teaching and student progress
- Work under supervision of discipline coordinator/division chairperson in integrating teaching efforts with other instructors in the discipline area.
- May include instructional assignments involving distance education.
- Master's in Oceanography
- All minimum qualifications must be from a regionally accredited institution and met by the effective date of appointment. If qualified applicants are not available, those not meeting the minimum qualifications may be considered on an exception basis.
- Teaching experience at a community college level.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adult learners and communicate clearly.
- Familiarity with competency-based instruction and behavioral objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience in curriculum development.
To Apply: Click on the "Apply" button on the top right corner of the screen to complete an application and attach required documents. Submit the following documents by the closing date.
- Cover letter indicating how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications of the position; and
- Copy of official transcript(s) verifying minimum educational qualification and course work to date, with confidential information (i.e. SSN, date of birth) redacted. Academic record/grade summaries, diplomas, and unofficial online transcripts will NOT be accepted. Transcripts issued outside the United States of America must include a course-by-course analysis verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA, from an agency having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Applicant is responsible for expense of evaluation. Official transcripts will be required at the time of hire if selected.
Letters of recommendation attesting to job performance and personal character are optional. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications are deemed incomplete if materials are unreadable. Materials submitted become property of the College and will not be returned. All minimum qualifications must be met by effective date of hire. Note: If you have not applied for a position before using NEOGOV, you will need to create an account. Inquiries: Dave Krupp Email: email@example.com
EEO/AA, Clery Act, ADA
The University of Hawai'i is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran. For more information or inquiries regarding these policies, please refer to the following link: http://www.hawaii.edu/offices/eeo/eeo-coordinators/
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawai'i may be viewed at: https://www.hawaii.edu/titleix/help/campus-security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
Accommodation Request: The University of Hawai'i complies with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the EEO coordinator directly. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. For further information, please refer to the following link: https://www.hawaii.edu/offices/eeo/accommodation-request/
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Effective January 3, 2022, the University of Hawaii requires all employees, students, and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions may be granted for a medical condition(s) or a sincerely held religious belief. Applicants should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment.