Water Treatment Technical Application Specialist
JOB TITLE: TECHNICAL APPLICATION SPECIALIST – WATER TREATMENT
REPORTS TO: COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR OF TIDAL CLEAR
STATUS: EXEMPT / SALARY
LOCATION: REMOTE OR HYBRID
SALARY RANGE: $90,000 – $150,000/year
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, EAP, tuition reimbursement, 21.67 days PTO and 10 holidays
About Tidal Vision:
Tidal Vision, a worldwide leader in chitosan technology, develops solutions in four key areas of chitosan: extraction, modification, formulation, and application. By integrating these to provide high performance, convenient, and cost-effective solutions, Tidal Vision has strategically positioned its chitosan-based products for widespread adoption.
Chitosan’s unique properties make it suitable for over 400 current market applications that typically rely on problematic chemicals. Tidal Vision’s chitosan offerings are not only eco-friendly and safe but also outperform the synthetic alternatives they replace. With superior pricing and performance, our solutions present an advantage for both people and the planet.
The technical application specialist will provide routine to complex field support for our water treatment solutions at customer sites and remotely. This position will be responsible for understanding customers’ needs, determining the proper solution, and delivering configured products and systems that meet the customer’s needs. The technical application specialist will have extensive conversations with end users and suppliers, to determine what success looks like for them and ultimately what value we can add for them. This role will work very closely with R&D / product development departments.
This role will also be responsible for educating our sales team, our customers and other application specialists about the gained knowledge.
Essential Job Functions:
- Determine customer’s needs and priorities (carbon footprint, dosing, product price, transport cost, sludge use/disposal…) and show the value our products can bring to them and/or their customers.
- Travel to customer sites to provide product testing/troubleshooting and training on how to use our products effectively
- Respond to on-demand technical services
- Work closely with sales and R&D to provide insight into and training on applications/dosage rates and new service opportunities
- Act as an internal escalation point for advanced customer related issues
- Primary resource for product and application questions received by Customer Service
- Produce case studies for internal and external use (white papers) based on the results of your own work and your collaboration with the R&D department.
- Support the divisional sales team in responses to customer’s requests and developing project solutions.
- The technical application specialist will assist with product development, marketing, and commercial strategy for specific products.
- Responsible for learning and understanding all of the products available to our customers to understand technology and benefits to recommend the best product for customer applications.
- Responsible for educating our sales team, our customers and other application specialists about our products and how to use them efficiently. Share knowledge and findings with the different teams and maintain high levels of communication and collaboration.
- Attend conferences and present our products and technology.
- Deep understanding of water treatment (industrial process water, Industrial wastewater, municipal potable water, municipal wastewater, surface water) or specialty chemical industry experience, required.
- Working knowledge of equipment and chemistry used in the water treatment
- Highly analytical and able to translate findings from customer interactions into actionable steps to increase business development.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (chemical, mechanical, industrial) or life sciences (biology, chemistry, etc.), preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively with all teams in the organization while putting the customer first.
Licensing & Special Requirements:
- Driver’s license and proof of insurance required by time of hire, required.
- The incumbent is subject to a background check, required.
- Travel (60% within given territory), required.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for deliveries which may include: eye, hearing, and respiratory protection, protective apron, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
- Occasionally in extreme heat conditions
- Required to use earplugs for hearing protection
- The outdoor site can be located at a cooling tower, water plant, wastewater plant, or a process area..
Tidal Vision provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.