The Mission to Seafarers
The Mission to Seafarers is seeking to appoint its next Secretary General. Working closely with Trustees, the Secretary General has overall responsibility for the leadership of the global Mission, including both its directly governed and financed regions and its largely autonomous ones.
The key focus areas of the role are to:
- Provide spiritual leadership to the global Mission
- Set and sustain the Mission’s strategic direction
- Ensure alignment with core Christian and charitable purposes
- Sustain unity and coherence across the global Mission within the parameters of the Common Standards
- Leading on internal and external communication in regard to the Mission’s purpose and strategy
- Maintain and develop relationships with key external partners and stakeholders
- Appoint and support key Mission leaders, focused on the effective delivery of the strategy
- Contributing “thought leadership” within the global maritime industry, especially in regard to crew welfare
The recruitment is being managed on behalf of the Board of Trustees by Green Park Consultants. For full details of the role and how to apply, please click here.