Sales Manager, Oceanographic/Scientific - Americas
Teledyne Technologies Inc
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides enabling technologies for industrial growth markets that require advanced technology and high reliability. These markets include aerospace and defense, factory automation, air and water quality environmental monitoring, electronics design and development, oceanographic research, deepwater oil and gas exploration and production, medical imaging and pharmaceutical research.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Teledyne Marine is a group of leading-edge subsea technology companies that are part of Teledyne Technologies Incorporated. We have evolved into an industry powerhouse, bringing Imaging, Instruments, Interconnect, Seismic, and Vehicle technology together to provide total solutions to our customers.
General Overview The Sales Manager is responsible for sales of Teledyne Marine products in the defined area both directly and through distributors, with specific responsibility to support the business development to defined customers and identified markets for Teledyne Marine Imaging and Instruments verticals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsibility for meeting sales booking and revenues targets.
- Actively manage the channels to ensure they are fully engaged, optimized and driven to succeed.
- Participate in developing and implementing regional sales strategy including plans and programs to maximize market penetration of Teledyne Marine products including new market entry both direct and through channel partners.
- Arrange and hold technical seminars, product presentations and customer demonstrations both direct and through channel partners.
- Responsible for ensuring that the pricing and discount policy is adhered to and maintained within the authorized limits.
- Responsible for discovering Teledyne Marine non-standard sales opportunities and participate in the selling process in collaboration with product management.
- Remain informed of competitor status, products, advantages and weaknesses.
- Remain informed of market conditions and trends.
- Fully understand the benefits and functionality of each Teledyne product offered.
- Provide accurate booking forecasts and keep up-to-date customer and pipeline records.
This position has no supervisor responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering or related field and five (5) years of technical sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sales experience within market segment/industry required, specifically oceanographic or marine science.
- Excellent English oral and written language skills.
- Proven problem solving capabilities and resourcefulness.
- Up to 50% travel with ability to conduct business independently and professionally both domestically and internationally throughout sales territory.
- Ability to perform product demonstrations and technical training.
- MS Office and CRM skills, preferably Salesforce.
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a "U.S. Person" (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees).
California Pay Transparency Statement
Please note the salary range posted below is a general guideline for this job level and location. When extending an offer, a variety of factors are considered such as responsibilities of the position, relevant education and experience, certifications, knowledge and skills.
$68,000.00 - $124,960.00
Teledyne and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other characteristic or non-merit based factor made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.