Sales Development Representative
Seven Clean Seas
Seven Clean Seas is an ocean-impact social enterprise; and what does that really mean? We build high-impact projects that clean the ocean, whilst providing stable work for local people across Asia. Our business services both increase this impact through revenue, and via supporting businesses ‘do better’ - specifically on their journey to plastic neutrality.
We have big ambitions to create projects all over the world, and want someone to join us to support in making it happen.
The Business Development Executive will work closely with the Founding team and existing sales team to drive, shape and grow the partnership base of Seven Clean Seas, engaging with global customers on a daily basis while helping us to build and scale to remove ever more plastic from the ocean. Standout clients (so far) include The Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy (Qatar World Cup 2022), The Economist, SALT Brewery and Lunar.
The Business Development Executive plays a central role in our Growth Strategy and it’s an exciting opportunity to have a decisive impact on the business starting from day 1.
- Drive key aspects of a hands-on sales role; primarily identifying new prospects, establishing relationships with them, securing meetings, and providing operational support in deal-closing
- Build towards KPIs and sales targets at both a collective and individual level, ensuring these targets are communicated with the wider team effectively
- To prepare presentations, proposals, plans, and assist with tender documents and contracts as necessary
- Analyse & track relevant qualitative and quantitative KPIs using our CRM system (for reference: Hubspot)
- An outgoing, capable individual who is able to be very hands-on with their working style
- A fast learner who is eager to ‘hit the ground running’
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Sales or Partnership generation.
- Experience implementing, maintaining and refining company wide sales/partnerships and the associated underpinning sales processes
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams to understand the service and evaluate potential partners
- Passion for nurturing clients and ensuring they are satisfied with our services as a consultancy and ocean clean up organisation
- Ability to identify & anticipate trends, building opportunities to scale sales, growth & partnerships
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong customer empathy with the creativity to tell powerful stories
- A true passion for sustainability and working towards environmental and social impact
- Organised and analytical to support the various sales function activities
- Driven to excel and evolve within the working environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Sustainability, GreenTech or Social Impact startups
- Experience in fast paced environments during hyper-growth phase, being capable of adjusting the strategy based on new inputs & changing external conditions
- Understanding of sales processes through a CRM
- Tenacious attitude towards wanting to remove plastic from the ocean
- Either formal or self study in the sustainability sector
What we offer:
- Well, we’re kind of saving the world!
- The opportunity of shaping a new industry in its early days
- An exciting role that can evolve into leadership
- Flexible working hours and remote policies
- An office in Bali, Indonesia with a vibrant and diverse team made of more than 6 nationalities
- Training program; soft skills, sales skills, and of course in Seven Clean Seas!
- Competitive salary, employee development budget and growth opportunities