Job Opening: Seasonal Educator
Save The Bay
Director of Education
Save The Bay seeks passionate educators to carry out the education mission of the organization to inspire future stewards of Narragansett Bay. Our nationally recognized environmental education program inspires future stewards of Narragansett Bay by providing participants with high-quality, hands-on programming through our marine science curriculum. Seasonal educators will implement winter and spring school day programming and afterschool programming with the opportunity to continue into the summer. Teaching assignments are held in a variety of settings including classrooms, field/coastal locations, aboard Coast Guard certified education vessels, and at our Bay Center in Providence and our Aquarium in Newport. Student/participants’ ages range from Pre K-12 students and adults. This position reports to the Director of Education. The position begins in March and continues through August. Depending on funding, opportunities may continue into the Fall.
- Passionate and motivated about marine science and/or environmental education
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for teaching marine related topics in informal settings
- Proven skills working with children and adults
- Experience working outdoors, in the field and/or aboard education or research vessels
- Must work well in a team as well as independently
- Strong culture of safety, environmental stewardship and customer service
- Must be outgoing and have a positive personality
- A national criminal background check is required
- Must have own transportation and be willing to drive to several locations around the state
- Spanish speaking or bilingual a plus
- First Aid/CPR or lifeguard certification preferred. Will train the right candidates.
COMPENSATION & APPLICATION:
This is an hourly position offering $15/hr. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Bridget Prescott, Director of Education at [email protected] .