Recruiter of Fisheries Observers
At Saltwater Inc., we believe that high-quality data is vital to the health of our fisheries and oceans: our mission is to provide that data. We are a Women-Owned Small Business and are constantly seeking new team members who share our passion for innovation and environmental wellness. We are currently recruiting for a Recruiter for our observer programs based in Anchorage, Alaska or Seattle, Washington. Other locations may be entertained. This is a year-round, full-time entry level position to start, with opportunities to grow.
Are you an extrovert and love talking with people? Do you thrive on meeting goals? Are you detail orientated and organized? If yes, this may be the position for you!
- Develop an understanding of an observer’s work and life at sea;
- Create/Post/Monitor job ads through ADP and state job boards;
- Maintain all recruiting/applicant resumes and communications in centralized location through ADP;
- Review resumes and transcripts for completeness and minimum requirements;
- Request additional documentation as necessary;
- Track applications to meet DOL requirements;
- Forward qualified applicants to the appropriate Program Manager for review and interview scheduling;
- Conduct interviews for the observer programs;
- Work with observer program managers to schedule observer training classes;
- Prepare paperwork for NMFS/ADF&G approval to attend training classes;
- Collect and complete onboarding documents for new hires;
- Assist with other company recruiting needs as time permits;
- Remain active with job boards, social networks, and platforms for finding quality candidates;
- Maintain documentation of all recruiting and outreach activity.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on biological science, fisheries, conservation biology, wildlife management or related fields.
- Experience as a domestic groundfish observer or shellfish observer in Alaska.
- Current MS Office and corresponding Google applications skills.
- Exceptional communication, social, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Experience recruiting and interviewing using various methods (phone, video, email, in-person).
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people with varied backgrounds, beliefs, skillsets, etc.
- Ability to stay organized and not lose sight of details.
- Able to learn new software packages.
- Time management skills.
- Able to travel occasionally for career fairs.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity:
Saltwater Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
We strive to create an inclusive workplace culture to attract the best talent and allow each member of our team to achieve their full potential and maximum productivity.
Furthermore, Saltwater Inc. highly encourages qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply for positions for which they are qualified and to notify us if there are any needs for accommodation throughout the application process and/or upon hire.
Salary range is dependent upon experience and location.
How to Apply:
Only qualified applicants with the requisite experience need to apply.
We will honor all requests for application confidentiality.
Apply online by clicking the button below.