ESA Section 7 Mapper
ESA Section 7 Mapper
At Saltwater Inc., we believe that high quality data is vital to the health of our fisheries and oceans: our mission is to provide that data. We are a Women-Owned Small Business and are constantly seeking new team members who share our passion for innovation and environmental wellness.
We are currently recruiting a qualified ESA Section 7 Mapper for a federal contract we are bidding on in support of the Southeast Regional Office (SERO) Protected Resource Division (PRD) for the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS). This is a full-time, one-year base period contract beginning September 30. There is a potential for up to four additional option years, and work will be performed remotely.
Do you have experience using Geographic Information System (GIS) data layers and are well-versed in ESA Section 7? If so, this may be the position for you. The selected candidate will work with the NMFS Project Leads and incorporate the species-specific data into the Consultation Areas geodatabase and populate the Section 7 Mapper with the species data.
Our selected candidate must have working knowledge of ESA Section 7, GIS data layers, and Section 7 mapping. ESA Section 7 consultation experience is also a plus.
Prioritize and complete updates for the next version of the mapper:
- Meetings and regular collaboration with the NOAA Project Lead (PL) and NMFS staff to review draft updates, prioritize, and incorporate feedback (may be held via teleconference or videoconference).
- Editing existing GIS layers of the geodatabase, developing additional GIS layers and information for each ESA-listed species and critical habitat in the Southeast Region, and addressing any delisted and new listed species and critical habitat.
- Creating and organizing GIS data by ESA-listed species and critical habitat.
- Compiling the GIS data into the Section 7 Consultation Area geodatabase populated with the unique information for each species and critical habitat
- Updating attribute schema accordingly.
- Consolidating life stages and behavior and customize report details as applicable.
- Identifying and implementing techniques to decrease rendering speeds.
- Update the User Guide for the ESA Section 7 Mapper in both a Word document and on the navigation panel of the Section 7 Web Mapper as necessary.
- Developing and providing outreach webinars and website materials for the Section 7 Mapper.
- One (1) year’s experience in creating ArcGIS Online web map applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise with GIS, program and project management, best practices and procedures, and database management.
- Experience with MS Office software.
- Five (5) years’ experience using ArcGIS software for editing and spatial analysis.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Medical insurance, Holiday, PTO, Sick pay, and 401K are also offered.
Saltwater Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture to attract the best talent and allow each member of our team to achieve their full potential and maximum productivity. As part of this commitment, Saltwater Inc. is happy to provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations as needed to participate in the job application or interview process.
How to Apply
Only qualified applicants with the requisite experience need to apply. If interested, applicants should submit a resume and cover letter that briefly describes how you meet the qualifications listed above and why you would be the best candidate for the job, through the Apply Today button below.
We will honor all requests for application confidentiality.