Project Engineer Intern
About Principle Power
Principle Power is a leading global technology and services provider for the floating offshore wind energy market. The WindFloat®, the company’s globally and proven floating platform technology, enables offshore wind turbines to be sited in any water depth or seabed condition, unlocking offshore wind potential worldwide and allowing projects to harvest the best wind resources. Principle Power acts as a trusted partner to developers, independent power producers, utilities, and EPCs, supporting its customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their projects. With 105 MW of cumulative capacity in operation or under advanced development and a multi-GW commercial pipeline globally, Principle Power is the market leader in floating offshore wind technology.
In support to the Project Manager of a Floating Wind Turbine project, the intern student should work in the following tasks:
- Following up on project planning with the technical team;
- Monitoring the progress of the project in accordance with the schedule and contributing to the definition of look ahead plans, including the needs for engineering resources, the delivery of documents, etc
- Supporting the Project Manager in identifying risks and managing the risks;
- Following up with the engineering team on the response to client`s comments and technical queries;
- Interacting daily with the engineers to effectively communicate on the client`s needs and requirements and make sure they are represented in the deliverables of the project
- Support the Project Manager on the preparation of progress status reports and monitoring of the project indicators. During the internship it is expected that the student gets familiarized with the design process of the floating wind turbine foundation as well as with the project management processes being used by Principle Power.
Required qualifications and competencies
- BAC +5 in a relevant field of engineering (Renewable energy engineering, ocean engineering, naval architecture, mechanical engineering, etc.)
- Strong technical and data analysis skills;
- Good communication skills both written and oral in English;
- Self-driven and motivated;
- Experience of work in multidisciplinary, collaborative and worldwide team context;