Senior Offshore Technician
Education Required: Completed training in electrical, IT or mechatronics. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or a related field will be valued.
Position start: ASAP
About Principle Power
Principle Power is a leading global technology and services provider for the floating offshore wind energy market. The WindFloat®, the company’s globally and proven floating platform technology, enables offshore wind turbines to be sited in any water depth or seabed condition, unlocking offshore wind potential worldwide and allowing projects to harvest the best wind resources. Principle Power acts as a trusted partner to developers, independent power producers, utilities, and EPCs, supporting its customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their projects. With 105 MW of cumulative capacity in operation or under advanced development and a multi-GW commercial pipeline globally, Principle Power is the market leader in floating offshore wind technology.
The Senior Offshore Technician performs installation and O&M activities for several WindFloat projects in Europe. This position is expected to support local teams operating where O&M Contracts have been secured. The Senior offshore technician will work with PPI’s Engineering team, client, and contractors to plan and execute the installation, commissioning, and operations of commercial windfarm.
This position reports to the Site Manager.
- Plan and execute IMR activities on WindFloat platforms and associated equipment. Ensuring continued reliability and performance of the platforms.
- Support project in other locations when needed, including planning, refinement of procedures, and on-site operations
- Troubleshooting and Repairs: Diagnosing and addressing technical issues and faults in WindFloat systems. This may involve troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, or control system problems and making on-the-spot repairs.
- Safety Compliance: Adhering to strict safety protocols and guidelines, both for personal safety and the safety of the team. Senior offshore technicians often play a leadership role in promoting a safety-first culture among the crew.
Data Collection and Reporting:
- Collecting data on platform performance and maintenance activities, which is critical for identifying trends, optimizing maintenance schedules, and ensuring regulatory compliance. This may involve using specialized software and tools.
- Monitor and track component heath through condition monitoring, remote diagnostics, and onsite inspection
- Calibrations and Testing: Conducting tests, calibrations, and adjustments on control systems and sensors to ensure accurate data collection and turbine control. This helps maintain operational efficiency.
- Emergency Response: Being prepared to respond to emergencies.
- Team Leadership: Providing guidance and leadership to a team of offshore technicians, including assigning tasks, overseeing work quality, and ensuring that maintenance activities are conducted safely and efficiently should such activities may be delegated by Site Mager/ Team lead.
- Inventory Management: Managing inventory of spare parts and tools to ensure that necessary components are available for maintenance and repairs, minimizing downtime. This includes ensuring such equipment and tools are compliant with Inspection, certification and calibration requirements at all times.
- Environmental Compliance: Ensuring that all maintenance and repair activities adhere to environmental regulations, including proper disposal of waste materials and minimizing the impact on marine ecosystems.
- Maintaining open and effective communication with onshore support teams, fellow technicians, and management regarding maintenance activities, equipment status, and any issues that may arise.
- Coordinate works to be performed with client and other contractors; participate in operational meetings, safety briefings.
- Keeping detailed records of all maintenance activities, equipment inspections, repairs, and safety incidents. This documentation is essential for compliance, reporting, and future reference.
- Prepare method statement according to the Maintenance plan as respective Risk assessments. Ensure such documentation respects the revision cycle (internal and external) and that is made available well in advance of offshore operations.
Training and Mentorship:
- Providing training and mentorship to junior technicians to enhance their skills and safety awareness, contributing to the development of a skilled and competent workforce.
- Participation in recurrent work-related training; train and monitor clients and contractors (operations, HSE procedures).
- Assist in building a local operations team and contribute to the broader organizational development of the Offshore services group at Principle Power
- Continuous Improvement: Identifying opportunities to improve maintenance processes, enhance equipment reliability, and increase overall efficiency in offshore operations.
- Adherence to Procedures: Following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and maintenance manuals while ensuring that the team does the same. This helps maintain consistency and safety in maintenance activities.
Skills & Competencies
The preferred candidate shall:
- Minimum 5 years experience in offshore environments
- Lead by example, enforcing safety protocols, and ensuring that their team members/peers adhere to safety standards at all times
- Be a skilled communicator:
- providing clear instructions
- sharing safety updates
- reporting issues
- Demonstrate the experience, wisdom, and problem solving skills to address unexpected issues in offshore environments, and to execute an efficient downtime management
- Be experienced on emergencies response, such as equipment failures or personnel injuries, taking the lead in coordinating efforts and ensuring safety of the team
- Be experienced with Data Analisys related to maintenance activities, and turbine performance
- Be driven by:
- Regulatory compliance
- Risk Management
- Efficiency, and continuous improvement
- Environmental responsibility
- Be knowledgeable and experienced in multicultural in international environments
- Ability and willingness to travel to any location where the company has active operations
- GWO certified is preferred
- Authorized to work in the UK
- Mandate in spoken and written English
- Additional mandate with applicable Technical English is preferred