Control System Engineer
About Principle Power
Principle Power is a leading global technology and services provider for the floating offshore wind energy market. The WindFloat®, the company’s globally and proven floating platform technology, enables offshore wind turbines to be sited in any water depth or seabed condition, unlocking offshore wind potential worldwide and allowing projects to harvest the best wind resources. Principle Power acts as a trusted partner to developers, independent power producers, utilities, and EPCs, supporting its customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their projects. With 105 MW of cumulative capacity in operation or under advanced development and a multi-GW commercial pipeline globally, Principle Power is the market leader in floating offshore wind technology.
With several ongoing offshore floating wind projects in progress, the candidate will design, program, commission and troubleshoot industrial control systems based on Siemens PLCs and Ignition® SCADA systems. The focus of this role is on SCADA and HMI systems. This position requires SCADA development experience and the ability to produce project documentation. Experience with PLC software, experience with cloud-based data management and visualization solutions, and experience with instrumentation is beneficial but not required.
- Work with a team of multi-discipline engineers to design, specify, implement, and support SCADA and HMI systems.
- Develop test procedures and test systems. Perform testing both in the lab and at customer facilities.
- Produce specifications and test documents.
Requirements & Preferred Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong experience developing HMI / SCADA systems using Inductive Automation’s Ignition.
- Experience working in accordance with structured engineering processes.
- Focus on delivering highly reliable and well-documented systems.
- Fluent English both written and spoken. Additional language skills will be considered an advantage, particularly French, Portuguese and Japanese.
- Experience developing cloud-based data management and visualization solutions. (Preferred)
- Strong simulation, testing and commissioning experience. (Preferred)
- Electrical engineering experience, particularly as relates to instrumentation (Preferred).
- Experience developing PLC software. (Preferred)
- Experience with some or all of the following is preferred: communication buses such as Modbus, network configuration and troubleshooting, cybersecurity, database development and programming for the Windows environment.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-time zone environment would be beneficial.
Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent preferred. Professional experience in lieu of education may be considered.