Education Required: Master of science or above in a relevant field of engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Naval Engineering etc...).
Position start: ASAP
About Principle Power
Principle Power is a leading global technology and services provider for the floating offshore wind energy market. The WindFloat®, the company’s globally and proven floating platform technology, enables offshore wind turbines to be sited in any water depth or seabed condition, unlocking offshore wind potential worldwide and allowing projects to harvest the best wind resources. Principle Power acts as a trusted partner to developers, independent power producers, utilities, and EPCs, supporting its customers throughout the entire lifecycle of their projects. With 105 MW of cumulative capacity in operation or under advanced development and a multi-GW commercial pipeline globally, Principle Power is the market leader in floating offshore wind technology.
The Installation Engineering Group splits its focus between the execution of engineering activities in support of current commercial projects and the execution of R&D studies to optimize the performance and ultimately reduce the cost of the WindFloat technology for future projects, while maintaining reliability of the overall technology.
The Mission of the Installation Engineering Group is to assess methodologies and concepts to be considered in the design for safe and efficient installation (and decommissioning) of WindFloat platforms and systems, matching client needs and project specific constraints.
Within this group, the Senior Installation Engineer is capable of carrying out the engineering work with minimum guidance. This position reports to the Installations Engineering Discipline Manager.
- Define and inform design methodologies to provide reliable, safe and cost-effective solutions for Principle Power floating offshore wind projects around the world.
- Participate to the production of technical documentation to external parties, mainly clients and suppliers.
- Support discipline technical improvements through technical involvement in major commercial projects, R&D initiatives, as well as through the mentoring of other engineers of the Group.
- Assume ownership of technical interface to internal parties, and external entities.
- Ensure quality work products on projects by application and improvement of QAQC processes.
- Collect and organize return of experience and check application of technical improvements for next projects.
- Maintain Group at the cutting edge of the state of the art through active technical watch (newsletters, trainings, seminars, conferences and workshops) and interfaces with supply chain stakeholders.
Skills & Competencies
- Minimum 5-year professional experience in Oil and Gas or Marine Renewable Energy systems designs and/or offshore installation operations.
- Experience in coordinating and witnessing offshore work and/or marine operations.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
- Proven reporting skills in English, both oral and written.
- Meticulousness and persistence.
- Ownership of the technical solutions proposed.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to supervise engineering work.
- Proven ability to work in multicultural and diverse environments.
- Interest in witnessing field work to gather feedback.
- Interest for renewables and technical innovation.
- Flexibility to travel and attend offshore/nearshore operations.
- Legally authorized to work from the location you apply to