Director of Individual Giving & Events
Director of Individual Giving & Events
OceanX is a mission to explore the ocean and to bring it back to the world through captivating media. Uniting leading media, science, and philanthropy partners, OceanX utilizes next-gen technology, cutting edge science, compelling storytelling, and immersive experiences to educate, inspire, and connect the world with the ocean and build a global community deeply engaged with understanding, and protecting our oceans. OceanX is an initiative of Dalio Philanthropies, which furthers the diverse philanthropic interests of Dalio family members.
For more information, visit www.oceanx.org and follow OceanX on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Working closely with the Vice President of Partnerships, the Director of Individual Giving & Events manages all individual donors and the respective membership campaigns including annual support and special projects, in addition to being responsible for helping out with strategic events. As a key member of the Partnerships team, this Director executes year-round cultivation and stewardship efforts, manages major gifts and ensures financial goals are achieved. This person will also be responsible for creating meaningful and impactful events that foster strong community relations, advance donor relationships and the brand of OceanX.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and manages a major gifts portfolio including project-specific support and event support through in-person and written interactions and tracking of said work throughout the year
- Manages meaningful portfolio of funding primarily through major gifts of $100K+ from individuals
- Manages the pipeline of individual giving prospects at all levels, focusing on upgrades throughout the donor experience
- Maintains deal summaries and reports in CRM for all active relationships, including putting together weekly pipeline summary reports
- Follows development process precisely and submits all deals through OX’s funnel evaluation
- Provides oversight in planned giving as needed, in close partnership with Vice President of Partnerships
- Tracks and maintains giving projections to ensure financial goals are met
- Works collaboratively with other staff across the institution to cultivate and solicit donors for enterprise-wide priorities
- Ensures appropriate donor acknowledgment, stewardship and recognition
- Creates solicitation materials and knowledge base for fundraising efforts, and provide fundraising updates and strategies, as required
- Maximizes strategic opportunities to establish and expand OceanX’s profile through events and celebrations
- Leads the preparation, budgeting, planning and overseeing of events, including event-day management
- Coordinates event mailings, tracking and follow-up in concert with fellow Partnerships Staff
- Serve as the principal liaison for the development, implementation and maintenance of the institution-wide calendar of events
- Professional Experience:
- 7+ years of track record in individual giving and fundraising
- Successful experience in direct donor interaction and managing multi-level individual giving campaigns
- Previously been responsible for an annual seven-figure portfolio
- Proven track record in event production and on-site event execution
- Ability to understand the needs and interests major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and the organization
- Ability to author presentations, analytics, and data-centric reports
- Extensive experience using a CRM
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects with competing timelines, taking pride in the ability to prioritize with flawless attention to detail
- Desire to work and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external audiences through exceptional personal presentation and persuasive writing
- Non-profit fundraising experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, with graduate degree preferred
- Some international and weekend travel
- Personal Attributes:
- Highly independent, self-starter
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and the ability to shape partnerships in a variety of ways, navigating that ambiguity
- Machine-like approach to design and planning
- Determined, resourceful and practical
- Strong work ethic
- Low ego and team-player
- Maintains high standards and is results oriented
- Operates with high level of discretion and ethics
Compensation for the role includes a competitive salary in the range from $135,000-$200,000 (inclusive of a merit-based bonus, dependent on years of experience, level of education obtained, as well as applicable skillset), potentially a success-driven incentive payment and an excellent benefits package, including a comprehensive employer paid medical plan and generous employer match for 401k.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application using the OceanX Application portal at the following link: LINK HERE. No phone inquiries please.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. OceanX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All correspondence will remain confidential