Senior Software Engineer
“Come and help us change lives and protect the Oceans”
OceanMind is a not-for-profit organisation with a mission to empower enforcement and compliance to protect the world’s fisheries. Our work helps preserve marine biodiversity, protect livelihoods, and prevent slavery in the seafood industry using satellites and artificial intelligence to identify fishing activities and suspected non-compliance.
Every day, the team are contributing to work that changes people’s lives and helps protect the oceans. Our core values underpin everything that we do at OceanMind. These are embedded in our culture and we live and breathe them every day in our work, strategy, recruitment, management, and delivery. Our core values are Integrity, Respect, Unity, Expertise and Positivity.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You are a skilled software engineer with extensive, current MS Azure experience, capable to develop and maintain our planetary-scale data analytics solution. The solution is an Azure hosted micro-services system, which processes between 40M-200M messages per day. This opportunity comes at an exciting time and the role will play a pivotal part of a multi-year plan for sustainable growth. Working as part of a tight knit development team, you will contribute to the full software development life cycle. You will also work with our data science team to productize new algorithms.
You will be encouraged and supported to learn and grow while facing the challenges of the cloud in a large-scale enterprise system with very demanding throughput, built on cutting-edge technology. You will help make a positive difference as part of a dedicated mission driven team.
The Senior Software Engineer role is:
- Fully remote: UK with occasional travel to team events at Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, Oxfordshire
- Limited domestic and international travel (dependent on projects)
- Benefits include: 28 days holiday, Pension, Private healthcare, Life Insurance & Income Protection
- Starting salary range: between £45k to £65k, dependent on relevant skills and experience
- Role: Immediately available (allowing for successful candidates notice period)
If this sounds like a good match apply today either via LinkedIn or by sending your CV and short cover letter to:
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
- Contribute to the evolutionary improvement of our SDLC.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 5 years’ experience in using C# .NET Core in an Azure cloud environment
- Self-managing with strong planning and organisational skills and the ability to always look ahead, highlight issues and risks, as well as providing solutions, whilst managing deadlines
- Excellent critical/complex thinking and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative results-oriented team member driven to develop technology for the betterment of people and planet