Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
As part of a small and passionate team you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and verifying electricalsystems for buoyancy-driven autonomous underwater vehicles. The electrical engineering team delivers electricalsystems that drive the vehicle’s movement in the ocean and interfaces with scientific sensors for data collection. Multi-disciplinary collaboration is key and affects all aspects of our electrical designs and system delivery. This positionrequires commitment and focus to the details of robust robotic control and measurement systems, and directly affectsclimate science.
• Lead detailed design for hardware to be used in underwater float and glider systems and subsystems.
• Perform prototyping, testing and troubleshooting of electronic designs.
• Authoring documents such as schematics, cabling drawings, test procedures, troubleshooting processes, and results reporting of hardware.
• Work with suppliers and contract manufacturers.
• Mentor junior engineers.
• Constant communication with management, production, and engineering teams to effectively meet customer expectations and maintain schedule.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
• 7-10 years of experience in hardware development from conception to production lifecycle.
• Experience as the technical lead across multiple programs and designs.
• Experience in analog and digital PCB design using Altium Designer
o Experience with mixed signal design principles.
• Ability to work with management to set priorities and effectively manage and organize multiple tasks with competing demands.
• Hands-on experience using precision measuring instruments and electronic equipment such as multimeter, oscilloscope, soldering iron, and power supplies.
• Experience maintaining basic laboratory and shop equipment including troubleshooting issues, preventive maintenance, performing or scheduling emergency repairs, recommending replacements.
• Organization and attention to detail:
o Ability to maintain a clean, organized work area.
o Ability to maintain basic laboratory and shop inventory, including spare parts for each subsystem.
• Must be a U.S. citizen.
• Requires compliance with relevant state and federal vaccination requirements.
• MS degree in Electrical Engineering
• Prior experience working with oceanographic equipment and sensors
• Experience in designing RF circuits and layout
• Currently hold or willing to obtain a U.S. government security clearance
About MRV Systems
MRV Systems is a growing company that designs and produces a range of autonomous marine robotic vehicles. Most ofour work is with small oceanographic profilers that are air- or ship-deployed. Our buoyancy-driven products require highly reliable and tightly integrated systems capable of operating autonomously for years. MRV Systems is closely tied to research institutions and government agencies, both as suppliers and collaborators.
We are a small private company that serves a global market and operates from three cities - San Diego, Seattle, and Chicago. We offer a competitive compensation package, seek diversity in our employees, and provide an opportunity to grow with us in an exciting, creative, and nurturing environment.
Please contact Theresa Friske (email@example.com) if interested in this position.