Title: Marketing Specialist
Location: Rome office + 1 week remote option
Department: Business & Marketing
Reports to: CEO
We are seeking an enthusiastic Marketing Specialist who’s passionate about innovation for sustainability and the ocean. You will be the inaugural member of our marketing team, and you'll have the opportunity to elevate our brand, communication, and product to the next level.
What will you do?
- You will work closely with Alessandro (founder), and Pierluigi (business development) to define Ittinsect's communication and marketing strategies for its products. You will be involved right from the research and development phase of each new biotech product and feed formulation, and you will handle their market launch.
- With the assistance of a graphic designer, you will craft presentations, sales collateral, digital content (newsletters, blogs, social media), and communication materials for events and exhibitions.
- You will be the marketing point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders. On one hand, you'll communicate with colleagues in the laboratory or business development to ensure the benefits of our products are effectively conveyed to the end customer. On the other hand, you'll coordinate with agencies and partners to ensure timely and high-quality execution of Ittinsect's marketing and communication strategies.
- You will actively participate in brainstorming sessions for special initiatives – from events to partnerships with fish farmers or major distribution players – to create tailored communication projects. For instance, you'll collaborate with a graphic designer to create packaging and positioning strategies for our "insect-fed fish" hitting the shelves of major retailers.
- You will support our Head of Business Development in client meetings to enhance and implement new communication strategies.
- You will play a pivotal role in shaping and growing every phase of our sales funnel: from increasing product awareness to devising strategies and materials that convert initial contacts into sales, and developing mechanisms for customer retention and loyalty.
- You will coordinate the PR and communication agency, validating and creating press releases, and maintaining relationships with newspapers, television, radio, and media outlets in general.
- You will have a fundamental role in Ittinsect's internationalization and expansion into other European countries and beyond.
We will like you if:
- You hold a degree in marketing, communication, and digital studies, or you're a biotechnologist with a strong passion (and skillset) for marketing.
- You're deeply enthusiastic about sustainability, environment, innovation, and the ocean.
- You have a couple of years’ work experience under your belt, gained in marketing and communication departments or agencies.
- You possess the ability to collaborate across various company functions, bringing your vertical expertise in marketing and communication to the table.
- Your communication skills are excellent, you're creative, and you're not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- You have a good command of the key tools required for your daily tasks: PowerPoint, email marketing tools, and social media knowledge.
- A very nice-to-have is a basic proficiency in graphic design software like Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign.
- You're dynamic and ready to dive into a rapidly growing startup.
- You are fluent in Italian and English
- A stimulating and dynamic work environment where your passion for sustainability and innovation can make a real impact.
- A salary that reflects your skills and experiences.
- A benefits package that includes meal vouchers and health insurance.
- The opportunity to negotiate, after 1 year of employment, an allocation of shares in the company Ittinsect s.r.l.
- A professional growth plan with industry mentors, allowing you to evolve alongside us and acquire new skills.
If you're interested this role, we invite you to send us your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “APPLICATION - MARKETING SPECIALIST - [YOUR NAME]” detailing why you've chosen to apply to Ittinsect and why you are the right candidate for the job.