Hefring Engineering, an innovative ocean engineering startup focused on a new autonomous subsea glider, is seeking a Buyer to join our growing team. In partnership with key customers, Hefring Engineering has developed a single-person deployable, scalable glider to increase the accessibility of critical oceanographic data, helping to broaden our understandings of the world's oceans. As a Buyer, you will play a key role in supporting the development of Hefring's projects by sourcing and procuring critical electronic and electrical components and assemblies, ensuring the company continues its trajectory of innovative success in bringing this much needed technology to market.
- Develop and execute effective buying strategies based on quality, cost, and delivery targets, while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with suppliers
- Evaluate suppliers based on quality standards, delivery time, and best value for Hefring. Track and communicate their performance.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to ensure that all purchased goods meet all technical and budget requirements.
- Identify and source new suppliers (domestic and international) to manage the costs and quality of goods.
- Monitor inventory levels and ensure adequate stock for production
- Maintain accurate records of purchasing contracts, agreements, delivery timelines, and cost savings.
- Work with the office administrator to reconcile invoices, validate prices, and resolve any discrepancies.
- Maintain current knowledge of market trends, supplier capabilities, and new purchases that could support Hefring's innovation.
- Prioritize and meet tight deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment with shifting schedule
- Continuously improve purchasing processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Two years successful experience as a Buyer within the Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing industry.
- Strong knowledge of sourcing and procurement protocols, pricing, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with suppliers, internal stakeholders, and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Rapid professional development and growth working in a small company with exposure to all aspects of engineering and business
- Employee training budgets
- 401k with 5% matching company contribution
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance benefits paid 100% for employee
- Company outings and team building events
- Complimentary snack and beverage area