We are seeking qualified technicians to join our team of innovators and engineers working together to revolutionize marine electrification!
Flux Marine is a high-growth marine technology start-up that is designing electric outboard motors from the ground up without using legacy combustion engine parts. This allows our motors to maximize efficiency and minimize maintenance without compromising performance vs gas engines. Our technology has many applications including commercial, recreational, yacht tender, and defense markets.
We are seeking a highly motivated Manufacturing Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in ensuring the efficient and effective operation of our developing manufacturing processes and directly support manufacturing and general operations. Tasks include designing and building fixtures and jigs, aid in creating product testing protocols, and perform product testing and validation. Testing will be everything from the component level on benchtop through the full system level on the water.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and/or implement efficient, cost-effective manufacturing processes
- Evaluate and improve existing manufacturing processes to increase efficiency and reduce waste
- Assist in the implementation of quality control procedures
- Aid in the identification and evaluation of new technologies, materials, and equipment to improve manufacturing processes
- Develop, monitor, and improve production, quality, and cost performance metrics
- Certificate training or AS in Manufacturing Engineering, or related field
- Demonstrated capability in hands-on manufacturing technologies, e.g., composites, boatbuilding and marine systems
- Experience with CAD/CAM software and other manufacturing-related software
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience with manual machining and CNC operation a plus
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma a plus
Equal Opportunity Notice
Flux Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Flux Marine is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Flux Marine are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Flux Marine will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Bristol Headquarters