Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Selection process number: 22-DFO-GLF-EA-328323
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
The Canadian Coast Guard College is a national maritime training facility located on scenic Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. It’s a national college that provides training and services in French and English. It delivers programs to support the College’s mission and mandate in marine safety, security and environmental protection.
The college’s unique and specialized training is sought after by organizations around the world. Each year, highly trained graduates join their colleagues as Coast Guard officers to provide services that are critical to Canadians.
Intent of the process
A list of qualified candidates will be established and may be used to staff similar positions, on a temporary or permanent basis, within the Canadian Coast Guard College in Sydney, NS.
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
• Graduation from a recognized post-secondary institution in the field of technology, education or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
• Experience in providing technological support in the application of educational technologies or Learning Management Systems.
• Experience in providing support and training on the use of hardware and software products used in education.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
• Graduation from a recognized post-secondary institution with a Masters in the field of Education with a specialization in educational technology.
• Experience developing and supporting training using the Moodle Learning Management System.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
• Knowledge of the principles associated with pedagogy, andragogy, and the application of technology in training delivery.
• Knowledge of the hardware, software, methodologies, and techniques involved in the production of learning material and resources.
• Knowledge of the tools, characteristics, and current developments associated with synchronous learning and asynchronous learning.
• Knowledge of trends, developments and technological advances related to e-learning systems.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Client service orientation
• Attention to Detail
• Effective Interpersonal Relations
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
The candidates must agree to carry out overtime and to travel within the framework of their employment.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE: Please submit your application online. We will not consider applications received by email, fax or mail in hard copy documents.
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice.
Candidates must meet the essential qualifications to be appointed to a position. A candidate may be appointed to a position even though he/she does not meet any or all the asset qualifications or operational requirements. However, meeting these criteria is desirable and may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed.
All information obtained throughout the selection process, from the time of application to the conclusion of the process, may be considered in the assessment of any essential or asset qualifications, including the ability to communicate in writing and orally.
Acknowledgment of receipt of applications will not be sent.
For this appointment process, our intention is to communicate with candidates by email for assessment purposes (including sending invitations for written tests and interviews). Candidates who apply to this selection process must include, in their application, a valid e-mail address and make sure that this address is always functional and accepts messages from unknown users (some e-mail systems block these types of e-mail). If you do not wish to receive your results by e-mail, it is your responsibility to inform us.
Please note that candidates can be eliminated by the Public Service Resourcing System (PSRS) based on PSRS screening questions.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|HR Staffing - Gulf Region|
- Date modified: