Senior Data Processor
Deep BV, Hydrography & Geophysics
Deep BV is an innovative hydrographic and geophysical survey company, formed by a close group of more than 80 professionals who are highly motivated to go the extra mile for every client in delivering the best data possible, in a sustainable, efficient and fun manner.
As Deep continues to develop in its field, we are now looking for experienced and innovative data professionals to join our company.
As geophysical data processor working within Deep you will be responsible for the processing, reporting and charting of all geophysical project data. This also includes project preparations and data QA/QC.
You should be able to collaborate with colleagues as part of a (project) team but also feel comfortable working independently without supervision.
Your responsibilities and tasks are:
- Processing of sidescan sonar, sub-bottom profiler and magnetometer data, in line with internal procedures and external/Client specifications;
- Interpretation, charting and report writing;
- Taking care of administrative requirements on project level
- Developing new workflows and improving on current processing workflows in order to keep working as efficient as possible;
For this role we are looking for someone with the following skills and competences:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Geophysics, Geology or a related Earth Science;
- 3+ years of experience working with shallow geophysical data (no oil exploration);
- Experience using geophysical processing and interpretation software, such as Oasis Montaj, Sonarwiz, GeoSuite AllWorks, Innomar ISE2;
- Experience in RadexPro, Kingdom, ArcGIS or QGIS is a plus;
- Knowledge of hydrographical data processing is also a big plus;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- Flexible in working hours and prepared to occasionally work on project site;
- Core competencies: accurate, very flexible, a team-player, good interpersonal skills.
We offer you a varied work environment with possibilities to develop further and the opportunity to contribute to our sustainable goals and innovative projects:
- You will be working in a team of like-minded professionals;
- Training and development are a high priority at Deep BV;
- We have attractive secondary benefits that fits your experience and education;
- The office with beautiful roof terrace for lunch and drinks is located in Amsterdam Noord, only a ferry ride away from the center, and easily reachable from outside of Amsterdam;
- You will be part of a growing, inspiring and innovative international company.
If you are interested in this vacancy then upload your motivation letter and CV and leave your contact details in the form below.