Deep BV, Hydrography & Geophysics
Deep is looking for passionate hydrographic surveyors who are up for some adventure!
Hydrographic Surveyors at Deep work on exciting hydrographic and geophysical projects for new developments of offshore windfarms, salvage, large infrastructural projects and climate adaptation or coastal defence work for a wide variety of clients. Deep is specialized in the nearshore marine zones and inland waterways and has an ambition to be a planet proof sustainable survey company in the next few years.
When you join us, you will operate mainly in Europe, but Deep’s aim is to have fun at work and therefore we always look for international projects to challenge Deepers to go out to places we haven’t been before. Good examples are our Antarctica survey, port surveys in Djibouti, or an UXO survey in Taiwan.
Deep also supports salvage companies when emergencies are at hand, this results in challenging projects all around the world. You will do this surrounded by an experienced team and supported by highly skilled colleagues so you can learn the ins and outs of the specialized survey equipment and advanced techniques.
You have 2+ years experience as a Hydrographic Surveyor. You are looking to be part of a team, and seeking a challenging and exciting working environment. You have a passion for the maritime environment and enjoy technical challenges. You also do not mind to be on location for a couple of weeks in a row, whether this is for 12 hour or 24 hour operations. You can overcome long working hours and you are keen on working outside in the fresh sea breeze, even if the vessels might be rocking and rolling when it’s windy. You love to watch the sunset while exploring the bottom of the sea.
Your responsibilities and tasks are:
- Project preparations and risk assessments;
- Mobilisation and calibration of vessels;
- Acquisition and QC of hydrographic data;
- Maintenance of the equipment;
- Processing of the collected data;
- Reporting and project administration.
We are looking for people with the following experience and competencies:
- 2+ years experience in a similar position;
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Ocean Technology, Oceanography, Hydrography or something
- Pro-active, practical and flexible mindset;
- Professional, solution-oriented attitude;
- Experience with Qinsy;
- In possession of a valid driver’s license (B, preferably incl. BE);
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- You live, or want to live, in the Netherlands;
- You have an EU-residency/work permit.
Deep is an informal and dynamic company full of ambition where professionalism and quality come
- You will be working in a team of like-minded professionals;
- Training and development are a high priority at Deep;
- We have attractive secondary benefits that fit your experience and education;
- The office with beautiful roof terrace for lunch and drinks is located in Amsterdam Noord, only a ferry ride away from the center, and easily reachable from outside of Amsterdam;
- You will be part of a growing, inspiring and innovative international company.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please submit your application here below.
Only applications by candidates are considered, employment agencies or intermediaries shouldn’t respond.
Please note that we only will be able to take your application into consideration if you have an EU- residency / work permit.
SEND US YOUR MOTIVATION