Cellula is looking to add a Mechanical Engineer to its Engineering team. We are open to a wide range of experience for this position.
Cellula is an innovative engineering company that specializes in automated and tele-robotics systems; primarily for the offshore and subsea market space. Our solutions are designed, built, and tested in-house by a skilled team of engineers, technicians, and support staff. We take pride in what we do and work hard to bring the best value to our clients. We want to learn from the field so we can continually improve how we deliver solutions to our clients. To that end, we encourage the same team members who helped design & build our solutions to assist the client in the field with installation, operational trials, and service.
As the Mechanical Engineer, you will assist in the design, production, operation, and support of marine robotic systems, including Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), subsea fuel cells, and seafloor drills. You will be responsible for the development of mechanical components and subsystems such as pressure vessels, actuators, and fluid systems.
As a company, we offer team members a chance to grow professionally with ever-changing projects. Our office is a casual, collaborative environment where you will be able to learn about our state-of-the-art systems from technical experts. In addition, we offer flexible work hours, benefits, and competitive compensation. This position is a hybrid role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design mechanical components and systems for subsea robots including pressure vessels, actuators, fluid and gas systems, structures, and seals.
- Generate drawings, schematics, reports, manuals, and work instructions.
- Conduct analysis (FEA, CFD, hand calculations) of mechanical designs.
- Source and evaluate suppliers.
- Assist in system assembly, integration, troubleshooting, and testing.
- Provide technical support through all phases of project.
- Follow safe work practices and report near misses.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in mechanical engineering
- Registered P. Eng. or EIT
- Minimum 3 years working experience
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks
- Machine and mechanisms design
- Working knowledge of drive and actuation technologies
- Pressure vessel design
- 3D mechanical design
- Mechanical assembly skills
- Technical documentation: specifications, requirements, test plans/reports, operator manuals etc.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience in the subsea industry
- Experience with hydrogen fuel cells
- Experience with oxygen systems
- SolidWorks PDM
- Robotic systems design experience
- Analytical skills - Matlab, Mathcad
- ISO9001 quality control