VP Partnerships & Operations
Sales & Business Development, Operations
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
About CowBell Labs:
We envision a world where inventors, researchers, and farmers can develop and validate agricultural climate solutions regardless of geography. We are working towards a liveable planet with sustainable production of food, and our mission is to build and demonstrate testing standards for agricultural greenhouse gas emissions, starting with methane. Culturally speaking, our team is optimistic about our climate future and centered in community action. We see the planet in the context of human efforts, and so we build infrastructure that supports systemic change. This project is funded in part by Lyda Hill Philanthropies, Schmidt Futures, and Spark Climate Solutions. These partners empower us with strategic relationships throughout the public and private climate innovation space.
We seek a climate-impact motivated VP Partnerships & Operations to join our executive leadership team. This role will build and run the internal operations infrastructure for our organization as well as develop the key external relationships and user community for our organization. A key focus will be ensuring that our solutions gain traction with our user community across the private and public sectors. You’ll work directly with our user community to develop requirements for our products and keep our work informed by and aligned with related efforts of governments and NGOs. This is an opportunity to build and be the face of a rapidly growing climate innovation organization across commercial and non-governmental sectors, with the potential to enable massive reductions in global greenhouse gas emissions.
- Own all aspects of creating impact and external adoption of CowBell Lab’s tools, including partnerships, operations, and impact strategy.
- Source and sustain key technical partnerships that further CowBell Labs' program, while representing these external viewpoints in internal strategic discussions.
-Drive development of a user community for CowBell Lab’s tools, including ownership of strategic communications, and government & international development relations.
- Build and lead a high-performing team of up to 3 product and partner managers, plus contractors, to deliver on our vision.
- Guide internal team efforts through strategic and financial prioritization.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organization.
- Identify and develop funding and collaboration opportunities for CowBell Labs, and lead strategic planning and visioning activities, ensuring that the plans for external partnerships align with the overall goals of CowBell Labs
- Build and lead a thriving non-profit organization that maximizes the climate and social impact of CowBell Labs technology.
- Decide how we position ourselves externally.
- Expand the program's ambitions and help source funding for those new goals.
- 7-10 years of experience in partnership development.
- 5-7 years experience in operations with at least three in a leadership position.
- Development of successful strategies for impact.
- Experience establishing an organization’s operational infrastructure.
- Experience with contract negotiation.
- Conducting planning processes and building company operating plans.
- Experience managing budgets and company finances.
- Experience hiring and growing high-performing teams.
- Track record in working with technical research or development teams that shipped products or services.
- Thriving in a startup or a small team environment.
- Entrepreneurial experience is a plus.
- Willingness to travel up to 10-15% of the time.
Optional Beneficial Expertise:
- Experience building product roadmaps from technical requirements and user needs.
- Working with corporate and advisory boards to build support for organizational strategy.
- Strong preference for prior experience in livestock management, crop cultivation, international development, and/or government relations.
What we’re offering:
Foundational Impact: As a founding executive you have the rare opportunity to shape the ethos, vision, and future of CowBell Labs from its nascent stage. Your strategies and leadership will have a direct and lasting impact on our organization and the climate solutions space.
Professional Growth: Grow and evolve in stride with CowBell Labs. As we flourish, you’ll have room to expand your role, tackle new challenges, and make a name for yourself as a leader in a pioneering climate innovation organization.
Autonomy and Influence: Enjoy a high degree of autonomy to craft strategies and make pivotal decisions. Your insights and expertise will be instrumental in steering our strategic partnerships, and your voice will be vital in our high-level organizational decision-making.
Collaborative Environment: Work alongside a dedicated and talented team committed to creating a significant positive impact on the climate. The collaborative and open culture at CowBell Labs will enable you to share ideas and drive initiatives that could redefine our approach to climate solutions.
Global Reach: With a mission that transcends borders, your efforts will have a global footprint. The partnerships and strategies you forge will resonate across commercial and non-governmental sectors worldwide, amplifying the reach and impact of our climate solutions.
Purpose-Driven Work: Wake up every day to work that matters. Be at the forefront of addressing climate challenges by fostering partnerships and strategies that propel CowBell Labs and our mission forward.
Innovative Culture: Thrive in a culture of innovation that encourages continual learning, experimentation, and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in climate technology.
Learning Opportunities: Benefit from the diverse experiences and backgrounds of your colleagues and our network, fostering a rich environment for professional and personal growth.
Community Engagement: Engage with a broad network of industry experts, innovators, and passionate professionals in the climate tech community, enriching your professional network and forging meaningful relationships that could last a lifetime.
Salary / Benefits:
CowBell Labs offers a competitive annual salary and a comprehensive benefits package including a 6% 401k match. We prioritize the well-being and future of our team members and provide support for a balanced, fulfilling work life. More details will be provided to candidates during the interview process.
We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all our employees and seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our products. We strongly encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply. CowBell Labs is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
The Company aims to help fill a structural gap in today's R&D system. We enable fundamental research that requires unusual levels of scale and coordination yet is not rapidly monetizable by industry. We’re bringing together top talent from academia, industry, and startups to build a new model for innovative R&D. As an incubator within the Schmidt Futures Network, we identify high-impact scientific or technical research and development opportunities, ultimately defining and launching these projects as Focused Research Organizations.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law or Company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.