Builders Initiative/Builders Vision
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Position Reports to: One or more Executive Leadership Team members
Location: Chicago, IL (West Loop)
About the Builders Vision
Builders Vision is an impact platform dedicated to promoting a humane and healthy planet. Builders Vision includes a range of philanthropic and impact investing capabilities to support, seed and scale sustainable agriculture, food systems, renewable energy, ocean health, animal welfare, and the arts. Today it encompasses a family foundation (Builders Initiative), a venture and growth equity group (S2G Ventures), and an asset management team (Builders Asset Management).
Builders Vision relies upon many shared services, including payroll, benefits and IT support, provided by a central office, Walton Enterprises, Inc. (WEI), based in Bentonville, AR. WEI serves the needs of the broader Walton family and works in partnership and collaboration with family offices of individual family members, including Builders Vision.
At Builders Vision, we are guided collectively by the belief that markets can and should benefit society and the environment and that the most successful businesses in the future will be those that are purpose-driven.
Our vision is “a humane and healthy planet,” which we relentlessly pursue and advance through our mission, “shifting markets and minds for good.”
Diversity, equity, inclusion and justice are at the core of our mission to shift markets and minds for good. We believe the change we want to see toward a humane and healthy planet starts with us. We understand that diversity, equity, inclusion and justice are long-term commitments, and while we aspire to be a catalyst for change, our journey starts from within. We are committed to learning from others and doing the work to become a more diverse, equitable, inclusive and just organization, and will seek to promote those same values in the world around us. We know that a diverse workforce allows everyone to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to achieve the organization’s mission. We actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome people from all experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply
Builders Vision is seeking a highly effective and collaborative individual to serve as a full-time Executive Assistant. We are a currently seeking to hire an individual who will directly support two Executive Leadership team members.
This position offers a competitive compensation package based on qualifications, comprehensive benefits, paid holidays and PTO. The role will be a hybrid position which will require the individual to be in the office to meet leader and business demands but will also allow some flexibility to work remotely. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing organization that seeks to have a lasting, positive impact on the world.
- On occasion, as needed, provide backup support for Executive Assistants across the office
- Coordinate calendars, schedule meetings, book conference rooms, resolve calendar conflicts proactively on behalf of Managing Directors.
- Assist with coordinating and managing logistics for team meetings and cross office meetings.
- Arrange domestic and international travel including hotel, flight, and transportation
- Coordinate conference calls, lunches, & on and offsite meetings
- Prepare, review, and submit monthly expense reports.
- Help coordinate small events and work alongside other team members to plan and execute larger events
- Provide backup support for other EAs in the office and when they are out of PTO
- Lead special projects as assigned by the Builders Vision leadership team
Personal attributes that support your success
- Passion for service: Anticipates needs and exercises good judgment in all situations; Highly responsive and results-driven; Brings a “can do” attitude and sees no task as too big or too small; Practices empathy by considering situations from multiple perspectives and treats everyone with respect and professionalism
- Outstanding organization skills: Keen attention to detail and unwavering commitment to high-quality work; Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks at once; Knows when to ask for clarification or help
- A natural ‘people person’: Finds interacting with others and building relationships energizing; Friendly, sociable, and adaptable interpersonal style
- Excellent communication skills: Tactful and diplomatic; Engages in active listening and tailors communication to the needs of the situation
- Self-starter and team-player; Ability to work both independently and as an integral part of a team; Navigates through stressful situations while maintaining a positive mindset; Resolves issues and conflicts with composure and in ways that strengthen relationships
Qualifications required for your success
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- At least 2-3 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to engage with high-level partners in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to work independently, as well as play an integral role in the office and team environment
- Detail-oriented, extremely well organized, able to manage time and multi-task to accomplish tasks with conflicting priorities and timelines. Adapts well to changing schedules.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft, Adobe, and Google Suite. Experience with Salesforce beneficial
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative, and be proactive
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- An ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues, partners, and clients.
- Existing knowledge or ability to quickly learn and become proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google Workspace, Slack, Box, Concur, Workday, Salesforce, Simpplr Intranet and other platforms as introduced.
- Must be able to routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and scanners and work for extended periods of time in front of a computer screen. Some walking, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling is required. Must be able to lift up to 10lbs on a regular basis and up to 25lbs on an occasional basis.
Builders Vision is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations int eh locations where we operate.