Supply Chain Manager - Hardware
Other Engineering, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2021
Aquabyte is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to help drive our product development and distribution to fish farms across the world.
Watch a short documentary on Aquabyte with Amazon's CTO at a Norwegian fish farm here! https://youtu.be/YZ_qJ5JFD3I
Aquabyte is on a mission to revolutionize the sustainability and efficiency of aquaculture. It is an audacious, and incredibly rewarding mission. By making fish farming cheaper and more viable than livestock production, we aim to mitigate one of the biggest causes of climate change and help prepare our planet for impending population growth. Aquaculture is the single fastest growing food-production sector in the world, and now is the time to define how technology is used to harvest the sea and preserve for generations to come.
We are a diverse, mission-driven team that is eager to work alongside kindred spirits. If this vision makes you smile, gives you goosebumps, or otherwise inspires you please get in touch.
We are currently focused on helping salmon farmers better understand their fish populations and make environmentally-sound decisions. Through custom underwater cameras, computer vision, and machine learning we are able to quantify fish weights, detect the health status, and generate optimal feeding plans in real time. Our product operates at three levels: on-site hardware for image capture, cloud pipelines for data processing, and a user-facing web application. As a result, there are hundreds of moving pieces and no shortage of fascinating challenges across all levels of the stack.
Above all, Aquabyte is a customer-driven company. Our product development is dictated by the needs of fish farmers and we prioritize customer delight in everything we do. We are committed to build a global, collaborative team that creates value far beyond Silicon Valley.
Our product is entirely dependent on sophisticated machine learning, deep learning, and sophisticated software architectures, combined with hardware, to create value for fish farmers. As a Supply Chain Manager, you will help us ensure our product development and distribution of our sensor platform that helps fish farmers make better strategic and operational decisions. You will be joining our small yet powerful team, and will work closely alongside engineers with years of industry experience.
- Create a strategic roadmap to define the direction of Aquabyte's hardware supply chain as we grow rapidly and communicate that roadmap to the executive team
- Partner with our Engineering team to define the systems and tools that give us visibility into inventory and costs across the supply chain and enable us to drive continuous improvement
- Oversee quality control of our hardware and provide input to our hardware engineering team to improve reliability of our system over time
- Negotiate terms with manufacturers, suppliers, and vendors that provide increased predictability and allow us to lower costs to make our technology more affordable
- Optimize Aquabyte’s total cost of hardware including materials, duties, and shipping/handling
- Manage shipping, receiving, and assembly of hardware
- 5-10 years of experience working in electronic hardware supply chain for a B2B enterprise product
- Ability to lay out a vision for the team and clearly communicate that vision across all levels of the organization
- Negotiated large contracts with vendors, manufacturers, and other logistics providers
- Knowledge of importing/exporting hardware to and from locations throughout the world
- High degree of ownership and integrity
- An obsession with creating a culture of continuous improvement
- Strong analytical skills and a data driven mindset
- Ability to prioritize and balance competing priorities in a fast-growing startup
- Works collaboratively across multiple teams including Finance, Sales, and Engineering
- Lean or Six Sigma certification
- Degree in Supply Chain Management
- Competitive salaries and generous equity
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible working hours + hybrid work policy
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance
- Potential travel to Norway
- Evolve in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to shape a business in its early days
- Get ideas, feedback, and suggestions from other best-in-their-field colleagues
- Mentorship opportunities, we'll be dedicated to investing in you and supporting you as you grow
Aquabyte is a private company headquartered in San Francisco, and is supported by NEA, Costanoa Ventures, and many other respected investors.
At Aquabyte, we admire interesting people with a unique background. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy all the requirements, and we will get back to you as soon as possible!