Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Aquabyte is seeking an Office Manager to join our diverse team in Bergen and help with various administrative tasks.
We're happy to announce the completion of our Series B round of funding to continue our mission of transforming aquaculture to meet the world’s demand for sustainable protein!
Watch a short documentary on Aquabyte with Amazon's CTO at a Norwegian fish farm here! https://youtu.be/YZ_qJ5JFD3I
Aquabyte is on a mission to revolutionize the sustainability and efficiency of aquaculture. It is an audacious, and incredibly rewarding mission. By making fish farming cheaper and more viable than livestock production, we aim to mitigate one of the biggest causes of climate change and help prepare our planet for impending population growth. Aquaculture is the single fastest growing food-production sector in the world, and now is the time to define how technology is used to harvest the sea for generations to come.
We are a diverse, mission-driven team that is eager to work alongside kindred spirits. If this vision makes you smile, gives you goosebumps, or otherwise inspires you please get in touch.
We are currently focused on helping Norwegian salmon farmers better understand their fish populations and make environmentally-sound decisions. Through custom underwater cameras, computer vision, and machine learning we are able to quantify fish weights, detect sea lice infestations, and generate optimal feeding plans in real time. Our product operates at three levels: on-site hardware for image capture, cloud pipelines for data processing, and a user-facing web application. As a result, there are hundreds of moving pieces and no shortage of fascinating challenges across all levels of the stack.
Above all, Aquabyte is a customer-driven company. Our product development is dictated by the needs of fish farmers and we prioritize customer delight in everything we do. We are committed to build a global, collaborative team that creates value far beyond Silicon Valley.
Aquabyte AS is looking for an energetic Office Manager to join our Bergen office. We are seeking a skilled, outgoing, and cheerful individual who wants to be a part of a rapidly growing team at our Bergen office. We are looking for someone with experience in administrative work or a recent graduate who is eager to learn. You will work in a supportive and inclusive work environment with various fields of expertise and act as a bridge between different functions.
- Provide reception services for guests, customers, interview candidates, etc.
- Welcome and onboarding newly joined employees
- Plan, coordinate, and organize business events
- Document and maintain digital systems, such as phone subscriptions
- Manage the company's travel and hotel bookings
- Maintain and update the employee handbook
- Follow up on lunch events and cafeteria operations.Contribute to the overall office operations
- Assist different departments in the office with various tasks
- Administer CRM system and sales process
- Ensure data accuracy and consistency across sales systems, databases, and reports
- Perform sales data analysis and review & report on metrics
Accounting & Purchasing:
- Assist in customer invoicing process
- Maintain and manage office records (Contracts, Agreements, Vendors)
- Approve vendor invoices and maintain records
- Managing budgets and expenses for G&A
- Purchase office supplies and inventory, replenish coffee, snacks, etc.
- Handle the expense reimbursement system for the company
- We are looking for a person who loves people and enjoys spreading joy and positivity in the office
- Good knowledge of Office programs
- Formal education is not a requirement. Degree in relevant field will be considered
- Strong collaboration skills but must enjoy working both independently and in teams
- Must have good oral and written presentation skills in Norwegian and English
- You must enjoy being part of a rapidly growing startup with a positive attitude towards being involved in multiple areas of work.
- Enjoys helping people and facilitating for colleagues and guests
- Systematic and conscientious
- Values details and takes pleasure in completing tasks from start to finish
- Competitive salaries and generous equity
- Incredibly dynamic office space in the heart of Bergen
- Free lunch
- Travel within Norway and around the world
- Evolve in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to shape a business in its early days
- Access to innovation and sustainability in the industry's most exciting projects and services
- Become a part of an international and diverse team with friendly colleagues and a positive work environment
- Get ideas, feedback, and suggestions from other best-in-their-field colleagues
- We are dedicated to investing in you and supporting you as you grow
- Good pension and insurance schemes
Aquabyte is a private company headquartered in San Francisco, and is supported by NEA, Costanoa Ventures, and many other respected investors.
At Aquabyte, we admire interesting people with a unique background. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy all the requirements, and we will get back to you as soon as possible!