Puerto Varas, Los Lagos Region, Chile · puerto varas, los lagos region, chile · Northeast Region, Brazil · Lagos, Nigeria
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Aquabyte is seeking an Operations Associate to join our team!
We're happy to announce the completion of our Series B round of funding to continue our mission of transforming aquaculture to meet the world’s demand for sustainable protein!
Watch a short documentary on Aquabyte with Amazon's CTO at a Norwegian fish farm here! https://youtu.be/YZ_qJ5JFD3I
Aquabyte is on a mission to revolutionize the sustainability and efficiency of aquaculture. It is an audacious, and incredibly rewarding mission. By making fish farming cheaper and more viable than livestock production, we aim to mitigate one of the biggest causes of climate change and help prepare our planet for impending population growth. Aquaculture is the single fastest growing food-production sector in the world, and now is the time to define how technology is used to harvest the sea for generations to come.
We are a diverse, mission-driven team that is eager to work alongside kindred spirits. If this vision makes you smile, gives you goosebumps, or otherwise inspires you please get in touch.
We are currently focused on helping Norwegian salmon farmers better understand their fish populations and make environmentally-sound decisions. Through custom underwater cameras, computer vision, and machine learning we are able to quantify fish weights, detect sea lice infestations, and generate optimal feeding plans in real time. Our product operates at three levels: on-site hardware for image capture, cloud pipelines for data processing, and a user-facing web application. As a result, there are hundreds of moving pieces and no shortage of fascinating challenges across all levels of the stack.
Above all, Aquabyte is a customer-driven company. Our product development is dictated by the needs of fish farmers and we prioritize customer delight in everything we do. We are committed to build a global, collaborative team that creates value far beyond Silicon Valley.
Aquabyte is seeking an Operations Associate to join our team and help us ensure our fish farming customers have a good and successful experience! The ideal candidate would enjoy a customer success role, with a technical knowledge of the salmon industry and good understanding of networking systems. You'll be the first line of communication with our customers. You'll be handling hardware and operational customer issues and working with our customers to resolve those issues.
- Serve as the main ongoing liaison to a farmer and responsible for customer communications
- Provide top-notch customer support
- First responder to hardware related issues
- Aid in remote troubleshooting of software and hardware related issues
- Responsible for quick response time and maintaining uptime to systems
- Ensure incidents are resolved and communicated to relevant stakeholders
- Be an active player in the customer journey, ensuring it to be as efficient and smooth as possible
- Provide leadership to identify issues, gather relevant stakeholders, and drive customer problems / incidents to resolution
- Onboard and train customers on dashboard software and physical product
- Provide customer feedback to the product management team
- Track customer happiness and status of 100% of farms
- Availability on-call basis as necessary to team and customer support
- Be versatile and help with other projects as needed
- Ensure team counts with all administrative and health certifications to perform site visits
- Higher education and previous experience from fish farming industry is required
- Demonstrated aquaculture field deployment experience
- Experience Fluent in Spanish and english is a must
- Experience from commercial roles is an advantage
- Strong empathy for customers, excellent interpersonal skills, positive, engaging, upbeat
- Networking experience - familiar with different types of networks and architecture (LAN/WAN, Wireless etc) is an advantage
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively, excellent presentation skills
- Analytical and proven troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Process-oriented mindset
- Comfortable working in challenging environments and leading one’s own workload
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative, with the ability to inspire others
- Competitive salaries and generous equity
- Potential travel
- Evolve in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to shape a business in its early days
- Get ideas, feedback, and suggestions from other best-in-their-field colleagues
- Mentorship opportunities, we'll be dedicated to investing in you and supporting you as you grow
Aquabyte is a private company headquartered in San Francisco, and is supported by NEA, Costanoa Ventures, and many other respected investors.
At Aquabyte, we admire interesting people with a unique background. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy all the requirements, and we will get back to you as soon as possible!