Summary: Proven leader who is responsible for the entire operations at our private lodge on Danger Island located near Ketchikan, Alaska. This day lodge is a tour venue that serves an assortment of traditional SE Alaskan dishes while encouraging guests to explore and participate in a variety of activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee training, scheduling and supervision of entire staff, including kitchen/bar and gift shop crew, leads for site and grounds.
- Create and maintain a Food Safety Management System.
- Document all personnel issues and route copies to corporate human resource team.
- Monitor quality and efficiency of tour operation and review crew performance on weekly basis, report audits to corporate team.
- Conduct daily pre-service and post-service meetings with crew; maintain morale and execute company programs of progressive discipline and problem resolution.
- Advise and monitor boat crews as they arrive with guests. Delegate specific duties while crews are onsite at lodge.
- Order and manage all provisions and inventory for lodge and arrange for daily transport by vessel.
- Arrange daily transport of crew from our 10-Mile facility to Danger Island location by vessel.
- Conduct regular inventory of all storage areas both on and off site to ensure adequate supplies of perishable and non-perishable foods; keep areas clean and orderly.
- Oversee maintenance of all onsite equipment, including but not limited to propane refrigerators, stoves, grills, etc.
- Ensure crew meets and exceeds the standards of True Alaskan Hospitality
- Keep all permits and certificates current.
- Work closely with Supply Coordinator to organize space and merchandise in the lodge gift shop.
- Interact professionally with shore management team, vessel crew members and various vendors.
- Develop relationships with the Fin Island and Orca Point Lodge Managers.
- Prioritize, identify and coordinate projects to be completed during the winter months.
- Prepare work orders and provide updates/reports to corporate.
- Aid crew to enhance guest experience, up to and including excellent service recovery when necessary.
- Seek and initiate methods to improve profitability at this venue.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years’ management experience in restaurant, tourism or hospitality.
- Current TAPs, Alaska Certified Food Protection Manager and CPR/First Aid Certifications.
- Computer literate – Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must be available to work the entire season.
- Valid drivers’ license
- ServeSafe Certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Traits and Characteristics:
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Able to anticipate operational needs and provide timely solutions.
- Proven ability to build and improve teams.
- Honest, courteous, and reliable
Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to walk on uneven deck surfaces crossing from vessel to vessel.