Requires a USCG master's license (25 ton minimum) and an FCC marine radio operator's permit. Prior experience in the marine tourism industry and particularly on passenger vessels is desirable. Preference is given to applicants with knowledge of diesel mechanics, waterjet propulsion, and electrical systems. Must be able to build team and maintain crew morale to provide a quality experience for our guests.
- Execute voyages as directed in tour descriptions and policy manual. Supervise all aspects of tour delivery, and quality control.
- Supervise and assist in routine maintenance: cleaning, sanitation and fuel pumping, restocking, painting, lubrication, and minor mechanical repairs.
- Communicate with Port Engineer to identify problems and needed repairs, and occasionally assist in performing them.
- Supervise passenger boarding, safety orientation/demonstration, emergency response and crowd control.
- Plan and execute emergency drills & safety meetings in accordance with U.S. Coast Guard regulations, and company policy.
- Maintain logs and ship/company documents, as directed. Provide daily operations report to office.
- Experience on passenger carrying vessels and/or experience operating vessels in Southeast Alaska required. Required minimum 25-ton license.
- Mechanical aptitude, engine room experience preferred. Diesel mechanics or electrical/electronics background helpful.
- Must be able to build team and maintain morale with crew to provide quality experience for customers.
- Must be able to provide commentary to guests.
- Must be able to lift and move objects of up to 50 lbs. as required.
- Must be drug free (pre-employment and random drug testing is Coast Guard required).
- Must be able to work varied shift hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be clean, well groomed, courteous, honest, and most important, reliable.
- Uniform shirts & jacket provided.
Pay: DOE. Limited Benefits. This is a seasonal full time position from mid-April to October. Preference will be given to candidates who are available to work through the end of the season without interruption. An end of season bonus will be paid to employees who complete their contract in good standing.