Sales Representative - 18% Commission!
Summary: Proven self-starter who is responsible for maximizing independent sales for the Ketchikan division through inventory management and accurate, fast communication. The Sales Representatives is a Jack/Jane of all Trades, maintaining client-tour operator relationships, working closely with the Sales Manager, Senior Sales Representatives, Office Manager, outside vendors and community partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage with customers: Approach and engage with potential guests at the sales booth, creating a friendly and welcoming environment. Answer visitors’ questions, provide information, provide information about tours, and actively listen to inquiries.
- Use persuasive sales techniques to encourage customers to purchase tours. Highlight unique features, benefits, and value of each tour package to generate interest and close sales effectively.
- Have a good understanding of all available tours, inclusions, and pricing.
- Stay up to date with current trends, attractions, and local events to provide accurate and relevant information to guests.
- Provide excellent customer service throughout the sales process.
- Assist guests in making informed decisions, suggest alternative options, and handle any concerns or complaints promptly and professionally.
- Utilize FareHarbor to handle tour reservations, input customer information and process payments. Ensure all necessary documents and receipts are provided to customers.
- Handling payments and ensuring accurate guest counts.
- Collaborate with other team members such as tour guides, tour reps, and operational staff to ensure smooth coordination of delivery of tours.
- Ensure True Alaskan Tours / Allen Marine Tours adheres to all rules and regulations put forward by the visitor center.
- Assist in dock dispatch as needed.
- Assist in office clerical work as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic math skills
- Ability to approach and speak to people you don’t know.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work as a team with other employees.
- Proficient in using booking systems, databases, and other relevant software.
- Ability to build rapport with customers to create a positive sales experience.
- Ability to quickly learn about local attractions, landmarks, and events.
- Previous customer service experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Direct sales experience
- Proven sales track record
- Prior experience working in tourism/travel industry
- Customer relationship management experience
Traits and Characteristics:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be clean, well groomed, courteous, honest, and reliable.
- Customer-oriented mindset and a passion for providing excellent customer service.
- Project professional and polished image.
- Self-motivated and driven
- Adaptable and resilient
Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays. Must be comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to walk on uneven deck surfaces crossing from vessel to vessel. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk up to 3 miles per day.