Retail Clerk for Captain Bob's Store
Summary: Primary duties for this position include greeting guests and helping them find merchandise. You will also assist with restocking, straightening and tidying the store. This position requires cashiering and packaging freight. Captain Bob’s Retail Associates will need to be team players who demonstrate the ability to learn about products and product lines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate cash register and accept payment.
- Package or arrange delivery for purchased products.
- Must develop knowledge of products to generate sales.
- Stack and display items on sale and keep store tidy and presentable.
- Keep sales floor stocked and shelves full.
- Participate in stocktaking and assist with suggested product orders.
- Answer phone calls and take messages.
- Vacuum and sweep as needed.
- Break down boxes and gather trash.
- Cash handling experience.
- Inventory, including stocking, restocking and counting.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience counting tills.
- Retail experience.
- Experience with Clover POS.
- Previous experience assisting in creation of store displays.
Traits and Characteristics:
- A helpful and courteous manner.
- Neat appearance.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Track record of good organizational skills.
Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays. Some overtime required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to climb a ladder and walk/stand for 8+ hour shift.