Summary: Assist and support skilled shop staff by cleaning, sorting and providing assistance with larger projects. Tasks often involve lending a helping hand to the welders, pipefitters and mechanics, ensuring that the materials are impeccably marked and positioned for efficient completion of projects. Additional duties include sorting, measuring and organizing for the upcoming fabrication work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support welders, fitters, mechanics, carpenters and electricians
- Weld marking and positioning material for welding
- Cutting, grinding and buffing aluminum extrusions and plate, sorting plate, measuring for fabrication
- Fork lift operation
- Insulation and painting duties
- Sweep shop, clean up work areas, vacuuming and scrap metal sorting
- Garbage pick up, raking, shoveling, general assistance of yard operator
- Pressure wash boats, clean boats, painting, make minor repairs and assist mechanics
- Assist carpenters as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree or equivalent
- 1 year work experience
- Must be 18 years old
- Prior experience in a similar support or technician role preferred.
- Familiarity with basic tools and equipment used in welding, carpentry, and mechanics.
- Ability to operate a forklift and other machinery safely.
Traits and Characteristics:
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
- Willingness to take direction and work collaboratively with team members.
- Ability to problem solve
Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays. Work in a warehouse. May be dusty, colder environment, occasional outdoor work. Expect occasional over-time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to walk on uneven deck surfaces crossing from vessel to Environmental conditions generally include cool inside temperature, low to high level inside lighting, moderate to loud noise levels, all weather conditions, frequent use of required personal protective equipment. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to walk on uneven deck surfaces