Fin Island Lodge Staff
Summary: Fin Island is a tour venue located on a beautiful remote island in Southeast Alaska. Fin Island serves a buffet of locally caught salmon, Alaskan Crab and Prime Rib to guests arriving aboard our custom-built tour vessels. All crew members pull inventory and supplies every morning and are transported by vessel to and from the Island each day. Fin Island Crew Members will work as part of a team to prepare a quality menu and consistently maintain an impeccably clean kitchen and dining area. We provide a five-star tour experience for each guest. Employees must be 21 years of age. This is a shore-based position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Move inventory, food, supplies from storage area to Fin Island.
- Rotate food inventory, check food storage temperatures and prepare inventory lists for the following day.
- Prepare and cook side dishes, and desserts for guests.
- Clean and sanitize kitchen, dishes and food storage areas.
- Be in continual compliance with food health and safety regulations and guidelines.
- Rotate through bar, retail, lodge service to maintaining lodge appearance, cleanliness, sanitation, and safety.
- Enhance experience for guests by answering questions and assisting guests with specific problems/requests.
- Serve salmon, prime rib and Alaskan crab to guests.
- Clean windows, wash and sanitize tables, vacuum and clean restrooms
- Prepare coffee, iced tea and lemonade. Set up lodge with silverware and condiments.
- Perform other duties as assigned under the supervision of Manager.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have/obtain current certifications for Alaska Training for Alcohol Professionals (TAP), Alaska Food Handlers and CPR/First Aid.
- Must be drug free (pre-employment screening and enrollment in random drug testing program is Coast Guard required).
- Must practice good hand hygiene
- Must be clean, well-groomed and dressed in uniform at the start of every shift
- Previous experience in food service
- Must be able to prepare recipes precisely as directed.
- Must be able to prepare the same menu with consistent quality and precision for each tour.
Traits and Characteristics:
- Friendly and personable
- Great multi-tasker
- Present a professional and friendly attitude at all times on duty.
- Team-oriented and adaptable
Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to walk on uneven deck surfaces crossing from vessel to vessel. Able to work in all types of weather, and work both back and front of house as needed.