Senior Sales Representative
Summary: Under the supervision of the Sales & Service Manager, this position works directly with cruise line shore excursion staff, motor coach dispatchers and driver/guides, tour partners, and other dock personnel to ensure our tours depart and arrive in a timely fashion, and according to the quality and customer service standards set by Allen Marine and the cruise lines. This is a shore based position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a direct point of contact for shore excursion staff, motor coach companies as well as for caterers and other tour operators.
- Must excel in all Tour Representative duties & responsibilities.
- Assist the Sales & Service Manager in supervising a team of 12 - 18
- Assist in leading group debriefs and weekly team meetings.
- Responsible for providing weekly/monthly schedules to coach companies, and caterers.
- Responsible for replying and filing a large amount of emails per day throughout the season.
- Assist the Sales & Service Manager in responding to e-mails as needed.
- Assist the Sales & Service Manager in initial training of Tour Representatives, and recurrent training throughout the season.
- Respond and reconcile invoices as needed.
- Assist Charter Coordinator as needed
- Other duties as needed, or assigned, by Sales & Service Manager.
- At least three years’ experience in the tourism/visitor or customer service industry.
- Job requires a strong multi-tasker with highly developed communication & organizational skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate and efficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to solve unique spontaneous problems regularly and make decisions quickly and accurately both as an individual and as a team.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Must be drug free (pre-employment screening and enrollment in random drug testing program is company policy).
Traits and Characteristics:
- Must be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be clean, well groomed, courteous, honest, punctual and most important, reliable.
- Ability to prioritize and handle numerous and various time-sensitive tasks while maintaining a great attention to detail.
- Must be able to continuously present a professional & friendly attitude while working for extended periods of time as well as in high-stress situations.
Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to walk on uneven deck surfaces crossing from vessel to vessel. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk up to 3 miles per day.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Who: Tour Representatives