Lead Tour Representative
Summary: Reporting to Sales & Service Manager. This position is responsible for directing cruise ship guests booked on Allen Marine excursions to assigned motorcoaches and/or designated waiting areas. to ensure our tours depart and arrive in a timely fashion, and according to the quality and customer service standards set by Allen Marine and the cruise lines This is a shore-based position in Downtown Juneau, Alaska.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must excel in all Tour Representative duties & responsibilities.
- Assist the Sales & Service Manager in responding to e-mails as needed.
- Assist the Sales & Service Manager in initial training of Tour Representatives and remedial training, and recurrent training throughout the season.
- Respond and reconcile invoices as needed.
- Must present a professional and friendly attitude on duty and be able to answer a variety of questions about Allen Marine Tours, Juneau and Southeast Alaska.
- Act as company liaison to shore excursion staff, assisting with sales and logistics. This includes working with bus companies and ship staff to ensure passengers’ special needs are met.
- Direct, assist, and organize passenger movement between cruise ship and tour coaches.
- Collect tickets/vouchers as passengers board motor coaches.
- Communicate effectively with other Allen Marine employees via company radios.
- Conduct settlement transactions with cruise line representatives.
- Maintain periodic reports of passenger counts and daily sales.
- Other duties as needed, or assigned, by Sales & Service Manager.
- Prefer experience in the tourism/visitor industry.
- Present a professional and friendly attitude while working in a sometimes fast paced environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk up to 3 miles per day.
- Must be clean, well groomed, courteous, honest, punctual, and most important, reliable.
- Must feel comfortable approaching and speaking to people you don’t know.
- Must feel comfortable directing and speaking to large crowds.
- Ability to prioritize and handle various time-sensitive tasks while maintaining a great attention to detail.
- Ability to solve unique spontaneous problems regularly and make decisions quickly and confidently both as an individual and as a team.
- Ability to generate a multitude of co-operative relationships with co-workers as well as representatives of other companies involved with AMT.
- Must be drug free (pre-employment screening and enrollment in random drug testing program is mandatory).
Traits and Characteristics:
- Friendly, personable
- Organized, efficient
- Works well in a team or individually
- Able to keep a calm and collected demeanor in stressful situations
- Likes to connect with new people from all over the world on a daily basis
- Can form lasting relationships with tour partners and other vendors
- Must be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision & have basic math skills.
- Must be clean, well groomed, courteous, honest, punctual and most important, reliable.
- Project professional and polished image.
Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to walk on uneven deck surfaces crossing from vessel to vessel.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes