Administrative Assistant - Accounting
This position is full-time seasonal. Under the supervision of the Office Manager and at the direction of the Administrative Coordinator the assistant provides administrative support to the sales, retail, and operation managers in a fast-paced Alaska tour operation. This position is shore-based.
Qualifications & Experience
- Availability to work entire season without interruption and be available to attend the 40-hour pre-season training program is preferred.
- Previous office or customer service experience a must; and previous experience in the visitor industry and/or a related industry preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate and efficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bookkeeping and money counting experience is a plus.
- Job requires a strong multi-tasker with highly developed communication & organizational skills.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in a high stress & fast paced work environment.
- Must have the ability to work independently & in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to be present at the assigned work area for the duration of your shift.
- Minimum 2 years U.S. driving experience with a current valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be willing to drive a 10-12 passenger shuttle van to run errands and periodically drive guests from downtown Juneau to our dock in Auke Bay.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50lbs. as required.
- Must be drug free (Coast Guard pre-employment and random drug testing is required).
- Repetitive - Minimum 2 years U.S. driving experience with a current valid driver’s license.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reset 15-20 boat tills and run deposits to bank daily.
- Create and maintain daily sales reports for submission to A/R.
- Assist with Clover (POS) training/support for company retail program
- Answer all email inquiries professionally and with accurate grammar.
- Answer office toll-free information line with proper telephone etiquette; must sound professional, credible, pleasant, and sincere.
- Assist with documentation of new employees.
- Assist with expense reports as requested
- Create pre-season employment training and support materials.
- Provide additional support to reservation team by answering phones and assisting with guest shuttles when needed.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive files.
- Ensure office equipment is in working order. Trouble shoot equipment problems and schedule service calls for equipment, as needed.
- Follow current office filing system and maintain a clean, organized office.
- Provide clerical support to managers as needed.
- Periodically running various errands such as going to the post office, and refilling gas tanks.
- Assist in the daily responsibility of maintaining and cleaning the office and shuttle vehicles.
- Maintain a positive work environment for employees.
- Project professional and polished image. All crew members are required to purchase and wear uniform clothing pieces.
Dependent on experience and skill level. Limited benefits. Preference will be given to candidates who commit to working through the end of the season without interruption. An end of season bonus will be paid to employees who complete their contract in good standing.