Task Order Manager
A.I.S., Inc. (AIS) is a national scientific services firm supporting maritime activities requiring certification of compliance with environmental regulations as well as collecting data for use by Federal, State, Municipal, and other government agencies along the US coastline.
AIS is looking for a full-time Task Order Manager (TOM). The TOM will be responsible for organizing and controlling the task order effort. They will manage and direct all support staff in support of the task order. The successful candidate will also assist in the recruitment of new employees while also supporting employee retention initiatives. The TOM will also track data quality issues and increase safety awareness throughout their cohort. The selected candidate will need to be available outside normal business hours to respond to programmatic issues specific to the project. Some weekend and holiday work will also be required.
- Monitor Project/Task Order performance and submit monthly reports to the PM as well as present project performance synopsis during monthly sea day and operations meetings.
- Manage project support staff and meet regularly to provide consistent support and direction.
- Reviewing coverage and effort reports provided by the coordinators and summarizing the information into Quarterly Field Reports
- Develop deployment guidelines specific to the Project/Task Order effort.
- Administer the Emergency Action Plan at the Project/Task Order level.
- Cover for management personnel as needed and on weekends on a rotating basis.
- Employee support functions including but not limited to monthly meetings to gauge morale, ensure standards of conduct are being met, data quality standards are being met, planning of social events, and assisting employees having difficulty adjusting to the observer lifestyle.
- Support talent acquisition by administering final interviews, participating in the selection committee, and ensuring all programmatic onboarding meets customer deadlines.
- Facilitate submission of accurate and timely incident reports from observers and coordinators when such a report is warranted, and provide NMFS with documentation and notification of separate incidents (e.g., emergencies, vessel refusals, vessel delays, harassment, safety issues, etc.)
Compensation: Candidates will be paid a salary to be negotiated and total compensation will vary depending on the candidate’s experience. This is a full–time position. AIS benefits package includes health and dental insurance, vacation, sick and holiday benefits.
- Must have previous experience working as a Fishery Observer within the SEFOP program.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to maintain contact with staff, stakeholders, vendors, and customers.
- Must be motivated, self-sufficient, independent, and a strong team player.
- Must be able to work efficiently with a strong concern for completeness and accuracy.
- Possess leadership ability and ensure positive team dynamics.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite programs (excel, word, etc.).
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of a B.S. in a natural science with fisheries or marine science being preferred.
- Project management experience
- Database experience and familiarity with SQL, Python and other programing languages
- Travel Estimated: 25%
- Main travel will be to Galveston, TX
- The position is required to travel throughout their geographic area as needed to meet with employees, project personnel and industry members.
- Remote Work Available
If you would like to apply for this exciting new opening, please click the following link http://aisobservers.com/careers/ to submit the required information:
- Cover letter detailing relevant experience.
- 3 professional references (name, email address and phone number)
All documents must be submitted for your application to be considered. If you have any questions pertaining to this opening, please feel free to contact the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com or 5080-990-9035.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of A.I.S. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our employees and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Must be able to work in the U.S. • VEVRAA Federal Contractor • Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals • Equal Opportunity Employe