Client Representative - Array Cable Package
A.I.S., Inc. (AIS) is a national scientific services firm supporting maritime activities requiring certification of compliance with environmental regulations as well as collecting data for use by Federal, State, Municipal, and other government agencies along the US coastline.
AIS is recruiting a Client Representative to deploy on a vessel conducting cable installation in support of offshore wind farm installation off the coast of Rhode Island. Scope of work may include cable installation, cable load out, cable laying, burial and trenching, installation vessel support works, and rock placement. The client representative will be responsible for overseeing operations, documenting equipment calibrations, providing daily summaries of installation activities, and ensuring all HSE protocols are followed. The Client Representative will also be responsible for understanding the project Scope of Work and Project Execution Plan to be able to accurately report back daily to Client and confirm that proper protocols are being followed and ensure that the work being conducted is of highest quality. Client representative will attend all onboard meetings and handoff meetings between project watch teams. The project is anticipated to begin approximately January 2024 with an anticipated 12 hours of work per day. Personnel will rotate 4 weeks on 4 weeks off.
- Act as representative for project Client onboard survey vessel.
- Attend and participate in all project meetings, safety meetings, and vessel drills during course of 12-hour shift including daily handoff meetings between survey watch teams if applicable.
- Document all activities related to load-out, transit, positioning, and installation as well as all equipment calibrations.
- Complete daily activity and progress reports to submit to Client.
- Review preliminary data collected by survey team following the conclusion of installation period.
- Document any HSE or project related issues and include with Daily Progress Report (DPR). Ensure the contractor proactively manages safety.
- Ensure operations conducted by contractor team, fisheries liaisons, PSO team, and vessel crew are being executed per the plan.
- Fill out and summarize DPRs in an organized manner at end of each survey and submit to client. Ensure DPRs are signed off on by all required parties.
Compensation: Candidates will be paid an hourly rate to be negotiated. This is a full–time temporary position. Once you complete 90 days of work you will be eligible for the AIS benefits package. AIS benefits package includes health and dental insurance, vacation, sick and holiday benefits.
- Must have current GWO safety training including: Sea Survival, Working at Heights, First Aid, Fire Awareness, and Manual Handling.
- Must have current BOSIET/HUET including CA-EBS safety training.
- Must have current CPR/First Aid certification.
- 4-year degree with major in biological or geophysical sciences
- Must have current OGUK medical certificate.
- Must have current Chester step certificate.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft office suite (Microsoft Word, Excel) and internet.
- Speaks, reads, and write in English fluently.
- Must not be affiliated with any group that may impair the objectivity or the appearance of objectivity.
- Must have proof of eligibility to work within the US.
- Providence, RI
If you would like to apply for this exciting new opening, please click the following link http://aisobservers.com/careers/ to submit the required information:
- Cover letter detailing relevant experience.
- 3 professional references (name, email address and phone number),
- GWO and BOSIET safety training certificates.
All documents must be submitted for your application to be considered. If you have any questions pertaining to this opening, please reach out to our talent acquisition team at email@example.com or 508-990-9055.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of A.I.S. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our employees and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Must be able to work in the U.S. • VEVRAA Federal Contractor • Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals • Equal Opportunity Employer